Senior Project Manager Development- Hydrogen - Military Veterans
at NextEra Energy, Inc
Requisition ID: 69353
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Do you want to make a positive impact by decarbonizing the economy? Join NextEra Energy Resource's rapidly growing Hydrogen team focused on achieving real zero in difficult-to-electrify sectors. This role is responsible for advancing opportunities to sell green hydrogen and its derivative products to customers.
The core duties of this role involve:
- Negotiating agreements with customers and partners
- Conducting data analysis and research to support commercial opportunities
- Managing complex projects with cross-functional team members
- Preparing and communicating updates and recommendations through PowerPoint
- Other hydrogen support duties as assigned
The most valuable skills for success in this role will be:
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems with deeply thought-out solutions
- Strong written communication and executive presentation skills
- Intermediate financial analysis acumen
- Self-starter who takes responsibilities for project outcomes
- High level of comfort with fast-paced and constantly evolving environments
- Intellectually curious individual who can learn new topics quickly
- Highly organized and deadline driven individual
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
Position Specific Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in hydrogen, ammonia, refining, LNG or related sectors
- 1+ years of experience negotiating commercial agreements such as MOUs, term sheets, and purchase & sale agreements
- Master's Degree in business or engineering management
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completedon timeand within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Responsible for managing multiple and complex projects
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, thirdparties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami
Juno Beach, FL
HELP DEFINE THE NEXT ERA OF ENERGY
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC (together with its affiliated entities, "NextEra Energy Resources") is a clean energy leader and is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power in the U.S., with approximately 24,600 megawatts of total net generating capacity, primarily in 38 states and Canada as of year-end 2021.
We, together with our affiliated entities, are the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun based on 2021 megawatt hours produced on a net generation basis, and a world leader in battery storage. The business operates clean, emissions-free nuclear power generation facilities in New Hampshire and Wisconsin as part of the NextEra Energy nuclear fleet.
HONORED TO SERVE
Leaders respect leaders. So, in order to lead the world in solar and wind, we need leaders like those that served in our military.
From engineering and communications to nuclear science and more, our opportunities will allow you to transfer your skills to help the future of clean and renewable energy.
Our talent acquisition team partners with key veteran and diversity organizations — both regional and national — targeting diverse groups including veterans, women, minorities and people with disabilities, with a focus on attracting qualified diverse talent to become part of our great company. In 2018, the U.S. Department of Labor recognized NextEra Energy with the HIRE Vets Medallion Program Demonstration Award for its leadership in recruiting, employing and retaining veterans.
Are you an energy visionary ready to help us define the next era? Learn about career opportunities and join our talent community by visiting www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.