DOT Maintenance Technician - Levittown, PA - Military Veterans
at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! – APPLY TODAY!!!
The pay range for this position is $28.00-$30.00 /hr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on factors such-as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location. Selected candidates may be eligible for a number of benefits, including: medical, prescription, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, disability, tuition assistance, sick and vacation time, as well as tire discounts.
Are you ready to Build a Better Future?
If you are looking for more than a job begin your career with the tire and auto service innovation leader with over 120 years of experience!
Details: Full Time Employment.
Work Location: 160 McClaren Rd, Coraopolis, PA 15108
Shift Information: 2nd Shift. 3 PM to 2 AM: 4 – 10 hour rotating shifts with some weekends across 1 location. 2nd shift receives shift differential. Our Fleet Centers are open 7 days a week, and some Holidays to delight our clients.
Goodyear owns and operates more than 580 tire and auto service centers nationwide and this role would be joining our growing fleet business. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with competitive base pay. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical plans, 401(k), certification reimbursement, employee discounts and paid vacations.
As the bridge between Fleet owners, managers and other associates you will bring an outstanding service first mindset that impacts others, ensures guest satisfaction and places safety as a top priority for your team at Goodyear's Fleet Service Centers.
At Goodyear we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technicians. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results.
A Day in the Life:
A DOT Maintenance Technician is accountable for properly and safely performing the services needed for all commercial DOT vehicles at a dedicated fleet servicing center. This role focuses on fleet services for a large last mile retailer, primarily running class 3-6 vehicles. Looking for someone who enjoys a fast paced and highly productive work environment. Plenty of room to grow and develop with this newer evolving fleet utilizing a high degree of technology and future EV integration.
What we are seeking?
- 2 years of DOT experience to perform qualified DOT regulated inspections, preventative maintenance, and break related services
- Must have DOT Brake Certification, or be willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet DOT physical requirements, including being at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- ASE Certification (s)
- Previous experience diagnosing vehicles and performing road tests
- Previous electrical, air conditioning, and primary and advanced fuel ignition experience
About the Role: What skills will you need/learn?
- How to perform last mile fleet services, routine inspections/maintenance/diagnostics, and problem-solving: Including mirror repair, step repair, brake repairs, preventative maintenance, wheel alignments, battery changes, light changes and tire installation
- This includes working on both gas and diesel vehicles
- Dismounting and mounting any type of tire.
- Cleaning and maintaining service equipment.
- Properly executing required billing documents (accurate and legible) then submitting to management.
- Complying with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Wearing proper PPE, using cages, and following all other safety policies and procedures.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including consumer tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- To increase the value of our brands for everyone
- With market-driven innovation
- Delivering the highest quality tires, related products and services for our customers and consumers
- Attracting, developing, motivating and retaining the best team of associates
- Earning and building long lasting relationships with customers, consumers and business partners and exceeding their expectations
- Driving an efficient, aligned and effective organization
- And creating a sustainable business model that consistently delivers a strong return on investment.