CDL Delivery Truck Driver (392) - Military Veterans
at ABC Supply
If you're a licensed CDL Driver looking to advance your career with a nationally established company, look no further. ABC Supply, America's largest wholesale distributor of exterior and interior building products, offers professional driving opportunities that allow you to do what you love every day and still be home every night. In this role, you will ensure the safety of each delivery from the moment you leave the facility until you have completed each job. You will make both ground and rooftop deliveries.
ABC Supply is proud to be an employee-first company. In fact, we have won the Gallup Great Workplace Award every year since its inception in 2007, and Glassdoor has named us one of the best places to work in the country. Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts, and helps you reach your full potential. At ABC Supply, we have YOUR future covered.
Specific duties may include:
- Treating customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Conducting a safe work zone during each job site
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely
- Documenting every step of each delivery by taking and uploading photos with our camera phone system
- Completing a thorough load check on your truck before leaving the branch, ensuring that all delivery materials are firmly secured and all parts of your truck are in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Working in cooperation with the Delivery Material Handler to determine where to set the materials and unloading them
- Completing and filing all logs and required government paperwork in a precise and timely manner
- Providing the customer with an invoice on completion of each delivery and collecting the entire due amount on COD deliveries
- Responsibilities may include warehouse work, including loading and unloading of materials on to or off of trucks or into warehouse as assigned
- This position does not require over the road travel
Specific qualifications include:
- Valid CDL - Class A or B
- The ability to lift 75-100 pounds repeatedly (your most common cargo will be 70 pound bundles of shingles)
- Ability and willingness to work on rooftops
- Pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens are required
- Conveyor and/or drywall boom truck experience is preferred
- Semi tractor & trailer experience is preferred
- Hazmat endorsement is preferred
- Crane certification is preferred
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage - eligible after 60 days, low out of pocket
- 401(k) with generous company match - eligible after 60 days, immediately vested
- Employer paid short term and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- Paid time off
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
ABC Supply is recognized as one of the greatest workplaces worldwide. In fact, we are one of only three companies to receive the Gallup Great Workplace Award every year since its inception in 2007, and Glassdoor has named us one of the best places to work in the country. ABC has a strong culture which is built upon seven core values: Respect. Opportunity. Work Hard - Have Fun. Entrepreneurial Spirit. Give Back. American Pride. Our most valued investment is our people, and we are committed to providing them the opportunity to do what they love every day.
ABC Supply offers various career choices within each branch location. Opportunities range from delivery drivers and warehouse roles, to sales professionals and management positions. Because we focus on teamwork, training, internal promotion, and associate engagement, you are able to realize your career goals and define your future. Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts and helps you reach your full potential. At ABC Supply, we have your future covered.
WE VALUE THE VETERAN EXPERIENCE
We understand how difficult it can be to find a job you love after time served in the military. At ABC Supply, we’re committed to helping veterans transition into positions that use their military experience and set them up for fulfilling, lifelong careers with a team that has their back.
OUR VETERAN HIRING PLEDGE
Each year, we strengthen our workforce with hundreds of military veteran hires. Our partnership with RecruitMilitary marks a shared commitment to hiring U.S. military veterans, and our work with RecruitMilitary brings that pledge to life. We encourage veteran career seekers to connect with us at RecruitMilitary job fairs across the nation to discuss what ABC Supply can do for you.
FINDING THE RIGHT FIT
From Management roles to driving positions, we offer a variety of opportunities for veterans to leverage skills earned in the military. Depending on your driving experience, we may even be able to help fast-track your commercial driver's license and expedite your new career. Check out our open positions to the right for more information and to apply!
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an ABC Supply job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on ABC Supply’s career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on ABC Supply’s career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once ABC Supply reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.