Public Affairs Internship – DOD SkillBridge (Remote) - Military Veterans
Notice: We are sourcing for a total of 2x interns in this role at a time, for 90+ day internships. One postion is open immediately! Apply now!
*This is a DOD SkillBridge internship opportunity. You must be a US Military Servicemember on active duty to apply (USA, USAF, USN, USMC, USSF, USCG) .
*Additional eligibility requirements apply IAW DODI 1322.29.
*You must complete your RecruitMilitary profile, upload a resume and apply for consideration.
RecruitMilitary is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bradley-Morris, LLC. (BMI), the largest military-focused recruiting company in the U.S. RecruitMilitary connects active service members, veterans, and their spouses with over 16,000 military friendly employer partners. Our organization understands the employment needs of our military community as our we are comprised of 72% veterans and military spouses. All RecruitMilitary services are free-of-charge to our military community.
Public Affairs Interns function as an integrated member of the RecruitMilitary communications team, supporting the daily operations of media, public relations, content creation and social media community management. They will receive professional training through a mix of virtual presentation-type training, on-the-job training while performing duties as a Public Affairs SkillBridge Intern. This provides the intern with “real world” hands-on experience working on products, content and associated supporting media which may be used to support company communications objectives.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite to create, edit, and produce storytelling opportunities and collateral through videos and photographs
- Identify social media groups and key influencers for networking opportunities and online promotion of events
- Engage social media groups, traditional media contacts, and key influencers to communicate about RM events, resources, and products.
- Assist in growing our followers, engaging, and retaining them, and helping convert them into leads, customers, and promoters of our company
- Interact with core audiences of military and veteran job seekers and military spouse job seekers and veteran service organizations as a brand ambassador.
- Build relationships with the above audiences and becoming a valuable resource for them.
- Facilitate community management; facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries.
- Create engaging text and images; engage with audiences on social media channels to gain brand advocates
- Update UTMs log for social media content in editorial calendar
- Research media lists and topics, draft media pitches for approval and communicate with media contacts to promote events
- Explore new ways to engage our audience, including utilizing stories on platforms
- Assist in live sessions and implement new trends in social content delivery/copy Identify graphics/videos needed for regular cadence.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING
Candidate Professional Development runs parallel with Public Affairs skills training. The Professional Development elements of the program includes participation in professional development seminars, live webinars, close work with individually assigned mentors from within the company and practical applications to ensure all interns are armed with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to market themselves effectively and secure meaningful employment in the modern workforce. Developmental topics include:
- Development of effective personal and professional goals using the SMART model.
- Leveraging social media to effectively network in the digital environment for career success.
- Development of a coherent personal brand to effectively market the intern to potential employers.
- Use of digital and online tools for targeted job searches and networking.
- Creating resumes targeted to specific opportunities in specific fields of employment.
- Development of skills necessary for to secure, prepare for and succeed at job interviews and subsequent salary negotiations.
- Openly communicate with team members
- Perform duties on schedule with accountability, enthusiasm, and a team-oriented approach; represent the company’s various brands in a positive manner with all external facing audiences
- Execute media relations and social media engagement in a positive and professional manner that best represents the RecruitMilitary brand
- Execute other administrative support activities as needed to support the functions of the Marketing Communications team
- Experience 2-3 years serving in one or more of the following specialties:
USA | Enlisted E-4 through E-6, 25V E-7 25Z may attend with one year of video experience. Must be a graduate of Video Production and Documentation (VPD) course, Basic Combat Correspondent (BCC) course, or Broadcast Communication Specialist (BCS) course, or Mass Communication Foundation Course (MCF).
USAF | Enlisted: E-4-through E6 and AFSC 3N0XX with one year experience in video storytelling and production - guard and reserve up to E-7 accepted. Must be a graduate of Video Production Documentation (VPD), Basic Combat Correspondent (BCC) course, or Broadcast Communication Specialist (BCS-USAF) course, Basic Photojournalist Course (BPJC-USAF) or Mass Communication Foundations 4 (MCF) course.
USN | Enlisted E-4 through E-7 Mass Communication Specialist and NEC 8143 or 8150. Must be a graduate of Video Production and Documentation (VPD), Basic Combat Correspondent (BCC) course, Broadcast Communication Specialist (BCS) course, or Basic Mass Communication Specialist Course (BMCSC), or Mass Communication Foundations (MCF) Course.
USMC | Enlisted E-4 through E-6. MOS 4571 with one year experience. Must be a graduate of Video Production and Documentation (VPD), Basic Combat Correspondent (BCC) course, Broadcast Communication Specialist (BCS) course, or Mass Communication Foundations (MCF).
RecruitMilitary was awarded the Department of Labor's HireVets Medallion – Gold and the Army’s Tactical Connection Contract after being vetted among other organizations such as LinkedIn. We are a Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified company.
RecruitMilitary is the top full-service military-to-civilian recruiting firm in the United States.
We use online and offline products to connect employers, franchisors, and educational institutions with men and women who are transitioning from active duty to civilian life, veterans who already have civilian work experience, members of the National Guard and reserve forces, and military spouses.
We serve veterans of all ranks, rates, and branches of the armed forces, and our services are free to all men and women who have a military background.