RN Outpatient Wound Care PRN - Military Veterans
at HCA Human Resources, LLC
Do you have the career opportunities as an Out Patient Wound Care RN PRN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Grand Strand Medical Center which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Grand Strand Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Grand Strand Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are looking for a compassionate and reliable Wound Care Registered Nurse to provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults in our patient-centered care model. In this role you will make clinical assessments of situations and manage treatment autonomously.
What you will do in this job:
· Provides patient care to Wound Care Center patients and handles patient intake and discharge processes as assigned and according to the hospital and nursing standards
· May also serve as Case Manager to a group of patients as assigned. This entails:
- Performing the initial nursing assessment, communicating findings with the assigned physician, assessing the wound stage and measurements, documenting care plans, evaluating the patient’ status in regards to desired outcomes, and identifying patient care situations that require intervention
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives, providing education to the patient or caregiver, and serving as a patient advocate in the delivery and coordination of the patient care
· Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) related duties as assigned, upon completion of the Healogics hyperbaric training
· May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing the required Healogics hyperbaric safety director training
· Collaborates as needed with other healthcare providers, Wound Care Center Providers, the Program Director and the Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs
· May function as a Documentation Assistant (scribe) in accordance with policy
· Performs other duties as required.
What may be required for this job:
· Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
· Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
· A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
· Wound Care experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Grand Strand Medical Centerhas provided quality healthcare services since 1978, giving patient's access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. With more than 40 years of pioneering healthcare, our300+ bed hospitalis one of the region's leading acute care facilities. We offer a range of services for our patients - including the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program, pediatric intensive care unit,Level I trauma centerwith two free-standing emergency departments, advanced wound care center, breast cancer center and Carolina Forest Imaging Center. We are recognized, for the chest pain, knee and hip replacement, sepsis and stroke by the Joint Commission.
At Grand Strand Health, you'll find that caring extends to our patients, our people and our South Carolina community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Wound Care RN PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team.We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Myrtle Beach, SC
HCA Serving Those Who Have Served Us So Faithfully.
Guided by the principle that quality care begins with the warmth, compassion, and positive attitude of our employees, HCA has consistently proven to be the nation’s leading healthcare provider with the widest range of employment opportunities.
Since our founding over 40 years ago, HCA has grown in size and services with over 280 affiliate facilities in 20 states and England. Our family of nearly 190,000 strong is dedicated to developing innovative strategies and practices to better the human condition.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Expert care, ethical conduct, innovative technologies, and best practices are the core of our resources. Through these, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective, community-centric health care for approximately 18 million patients annually.
HCA has over 7000 open requisitions in hospitals, diagnostic, outpatient and business operations across 20 states in the U.S.
Our employment opportunities fill job classes in both patient care and business support services. While a majority of positions account for clinical backgrounds, HCA has many opportunities in supply chain and logistics, IT, engineering and technical, administrative and managerial, sales, finance and accounting, environmental, plant ops, HR and many more.