Lead Software Engineer - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R137274
- US - MD (Field Location)
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Software Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to lead a small team in the analysis, design, and development of computer software required to support hardware or technical service products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead a small team of contractor personnel
- Software/code reverse engineering
- Software development to include device drivers, digital signal processing, and client/server applications using legacy, current, and future processors
- Software development interfacing to operating systems using kernel level languages
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Active TS/SCI w/ poly security clearance required
- 10 years experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning, and fully commented code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university may be substituted for 2 years of the required experience
- Related degree fields (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics) may be considered if the programs contain a concentration of courses in computer science areas: algorithms; computer architecture (not network architecture); programming methodologies; programming languages; data structure; logic and computation; and advanced mathematics (i.e. calculus, liner algebra)
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical management using project management best practices
- Machine/assembly language development experience
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Top Secret SCI w/PolygraphThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range:$136,200.00 - $245,200.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.