Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst, Clearance Required EVENING SHIFT - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Sterling - 22626 Sally Ride Dr (VAS111)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ138809
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cybersecurity, Intrusion Detection, Security Information
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on several Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst joining our team to support Department of State activities at Sterling, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Security Operation Center (SOC) Analyst supporting Department of State (DoS) Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) deployment, you will be trusted to secure DoS CSfC services. Reporting to the Cybersecurity Operations Lead, you will be responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of a CSfC deployment and collaborating with DoS cybersecurity operations to assure the program defends and protects Government assets from external Cybersecurity attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
Our SOC Analyst's primary functions are to provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 247365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. This position will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics, and response activities in support of the government's mission. This position requires a solid understanding of cyber threats and information security in the domains of TTP's, Threat Actors, Campaigns, and Observables. Additionally, this candidate must be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management.
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills in computer network defense operations, ability to lead efforts in Incident Handling (Detection, Analysis, Triage), Hunting (anomalous pattern detection and content management) and Malware Analysis
- Experience and ability to with analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response
- Must be knowledgeable and have hands-on experience with a Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting
- Strong logical/critical thinking abilities, especially analyzing security events (windows event logs, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent)
- Excellent organizational and attention to details in tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows
- A working knowledge of the various operating systems (e.g. Windows, OS X, Linux, etc.) commonly deployed in enterprise networks, a conceptual understanding of Windows Active Directory is also required, and a working knowledge of network communications and routing protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP, MPLS, etc.) and common internet applications and standards (e.g. SMTP, DNS, DHCP, SQL, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Experience with the identification and implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies Network Threat Hunting, Big Data Analytics, Endpoint Threat Detection and Response, SIEM, workflow and ticketing, and Intrusion Detection System
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant CSfC technology and willingness to contribute to other software deployment and management
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools
- Experience in analyzing NetFlow data and packet capture (PCAP)
- Robust knowledge of common attack methodologies, tactics and protocols
- Knowledge of the TCP and IP protocol suite, security architecture, DNS and remote access security techniques and products
- Technical experience in the information security field utilizing a mix of security technology such as: Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis. SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers, Digital Forensics tools in an Enterprise environment, Cyber Incident Response activities in an Enterprise environment
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree
- 3 years' (5 preferred) experience in cybersecurity
- Ability to work nights and weekends; rotating shift work
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 1 or Information Assurance Manager Level 1 or obtain and approved Incident Responder certification within 6 months of the date of hire
- Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to foster agreement and productive outcomes
- Embrace and embody GDIT's of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility
- Minimum of active Interim Secret Security clearance and clearable to TS level
- Aware of Android and iOS technical differences
- Experience using Microsoft Office including MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel and other appropriate tools.
- Strong English communication skills with ability to lead working groups, communicating clearly and succinctly in written and oral presentations
- Technical knowledge of any of; Cisco ICE/UCS, ForcePoint (High Speed Guard McAfee), InfoBlox, MetricStream, Radiant Logic, Tenable Security Center, Sciencelogic, SonarSource, Appscan HCL
- Department of State employee or contractor experience a plus
#wearegdit, #soc, #CSfC, #cybersecurity
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Sterling
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!