Senior Software Engineer-(RxR) Chicago-A - Military Veterans
Senior Software Engineer-(RxR) Chicago-A
Address: 200 WILMOT RD,DEERFIELD,IL,60015-04620-00001-2
Job ID 1087575BR
Seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, who will perform and implement activities that impact components/ processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens Digital/Online application. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur. Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings. Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects of the platform operation in an Agile environment.
This role is developing design skills, but has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software application and tools. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization and is proficient with them. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgement. Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or application for the software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Writes code that meets specifications for large and highly complex software programs and systems.
- Participates in software design.
- Develops software applications and tools using Agile development methodologies.
- Delivers software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plan and delivery commitments.
- This role is assigned to important / complicated undertakings.
- Contributes to and participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate. Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and manages to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Work closely with other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of the professional function and in-depth specialization in some. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Developing design skills. Has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and tools. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Developing design skills and has a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current software applications and tools. Has in-depth knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients' needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at .
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field OR High School/GED and at least 7 years of experience in Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field
- Experience writing code for moderately complex applications
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices or mobile applications
- Experience designing/building moderately complex applications/automation
- Experience writing automation test or deployment scripts
- Experience creating/coding scripting solution to fix moderately complex problems
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership
- Willing to travel up to/at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Specific "Preferred Qualifications" by specialty
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Deployment automation for various applications laaS, PaaS, platforms on a linux environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience in automation software like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge in implementation of CI/CD pipelines for Cloud deployments using containers/Docker
- Strong demonstrable experience in GIT workflows, pipelines and code repository management
- Experience in working on Kubernetes platform on a microservices architecture and other DevOps tooling
- Good understanding of infrastructure components (e.g., networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization)
- Experience in operational Web and Mobile applications through monitoring and alerting for a polygot application stack
- Web/backend Devloper
- Previous experience with full stack development ranging from front-end user interfaces to back-end systems
- Expert level of knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations
- A mindset to take up most challenging coding tasks
- Proficiency in design, development, security & scalability of high-volume services implemented in Java, Node/Typescript, .NET, or Python etc.
- Strong demonstrated experience of Enterprise Design patterns in development of loosely coupled & resilient systems
- Hands on with modern UI frameworks like React with Excellent knowledge of client-side security & front-end design pattern (stateless components, conditional rendering, controlled components, hooks etc.)
- Demonstratable experience of design, development, query & database optimization of distrubuted SQL (e.g., Oracle, MySQL) & NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) databases
- Strong knowledge of implementation, security, capacity planning & performance tuning of solutions deployed to Cloud technologies - Azure (ACS, AKS), Gooogle, IBM, AWS or Cloud Foundry
- Mobile Developer
- 4+ years of mobile app development experience and excellent hands-on skill in Kotlin (Android)
- Experience in building testing automation using cloud platforms like AppCenter
- Experience in ReactNative Programming
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing & operations
- Experience integrating third party SDK's like Facebook, Adobe etc
- Experience with integrating with Back-end Services (APIIs, GraphQL, etc.)
- Data & Analytics
- 4+ years experience in integrating, transforming and consolidating data from various structured and unstructured data systems for building analytics solutions in any cloud platforms: Mircrosoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- 4 years of experience in SQL, Java or Python programming
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as Cosmos, Cassandra
- Working experience with dimensional data modeling and strong knowledge of best practices and solution patterns
- Knowledge in Azure cloud technologies like Data Flow, Data Bricks, Azure Synapse, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI Analytics
- Experience in Data Pipeline and integration workflow management tools: Talend, Store Proc, Change Data Capture (CDC), Spark & Azure API's
- Experience in any or reporting tools like Power BI, Business objects, Cognos or Tableau
- Experience in data classification, naming, data design, and the creation of DDL
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending fixes to resolve problems
LIFE AT WALGREENS
No matter where you are, life at Walgreens is driven by a culture of helping others. From our store aisles and warehouses to our HQ and technology hub, there’s a spirit of excitement and innovation everywhere you look. A career at Walgreens means joining a company that’s been dedicated to our customers and the communities we serve for over 120 years.
RED, WHITE, AND BLUE ARE OUR COLORS TOO!
We’ve made a big commitment to hiring veterans for our team. But this is more than just a pledge. We’re backing it up with the kinds of things you need to successfully transition into the next stage of your career – like training, educational opportunities and support. After all, we’re counting on you to help the thousands of people we serve in our communities. So, you can count on us every step of the way.
Our HERO Program (Helping Veterans with Educational and Retail Opportunities) – created specifically for those who have served – can set you on a path to store management. Whether you join our team as a shift lead, emerging store manager, pharmacy operations manager or store manager unassigned, you’ll get the tools and support to succeed, including on-the-job training, mentorship, Walgreens University courses and instructor-led workshops.
GET YOUR BACHELORS DEGREE, AND REACH YOUR EDUCATIONAL GOALS
As a veteran in our HERO program, you can earn your bachelor’s degree through our educational partner, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU). SNHU is approved for VA educational benefits and accepts transfer credits from prior education and your military training. You’ll even get exclusive tuition savings and you can work toward your degree in flexible eight-week terms with support from a dedicated team of advisors with experience in every branch of the military.