Transportation Analyst - Military Veterans
at Carmeuse Americas
Carmeuse is seeking a Transportation Analyst who will contribute to the overall responsibility for the company's outbound transportation activity. This role will encompass maintaining a complete understanding of the company's key outbound materials strategy, daily sales activity as well as its manufacturing plants and capabilities; i.e. plant "foot prints". The right candidate will develop and drive implementation of strategies focused on satisfying existing customer demand and target market opportunities at the lowest possible transportation cost; including examination and recommendation of the best modes of transport, methods of loading, unloading and transfer of materials, modes of materials storage, and all advances in technology that can improve Carmeuse's cost position and customer satisfaction level. The Transportation Analyst will also negotiate and maintain transportation services contracts and drive development of a transportation supplier performance program. If this sounds like your skillset, we encourage you to apply!
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Advance strategic initiatives related to truck, rail and barge shipments
- Drive Carmeuse plant network optimization through transportation suppliers, systems and process development
- Act as a key catalyst for site level improvements related to load-out capabilities and processes
- Negotiate transportation agreements that promote high levels of service and competitive costs and drive implementation of dedicated carrier arrangements
- Utilize metrics to drive continuous improvement with respect to transportation costs, demurrage expense, FSC recovery, carrier performance and company utilization of both human and equipment resources
- Evaluate and recommend transportation systems & technologies to build the most effective and competitive transportation infrastructure in support of company market activities
- Qualified candidates will have a four-year college or university degree, preferably in Business field
- 3-5 years experience in transportation and/or logistics preferred. Bulk materials shipments a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and SAP experience desired
- Ability for periodic travel to Carmeuse plants, vendor facilities and customer operations
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary range for this position is $60k-$65k as well as an annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it's a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company's most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
About the Team
You will be part of Carmeuse Americas, a Rock-Star team of 2500 workers and employees bringing with them their own culture and specific needs. The Americas headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA and have over three dozen production facilities across the Eastern U.S., Canada, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia.
Carmeuse Americas is a leading manufacturer of lime and limestone products used in a variety of applications, and benefits the environment by providing cleaner air, safer water and improved soil characteristics. Founded in 1860, Carmeuse is a privately owned Belgian company evolving from a calcium-based mineral provider into a company that continues to add integrated services. Carmeuse and its subsidiaries offer equipment and engineering services to optimize our customers’ processes, improve safety, and provide reliable supply. Solutions provided through Carmeuse span across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction, site development, building materials, water and wastewater treatment, agriculture, and more. Subsidiaries and partnerships of Carmeuse Americas include: Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), Mintek Resources, Inc., Yager Materials, Oxidos do Brasil, Rio Cal S.A.S., and Cal Arco Iris.