Splunk Engineer _TS/SCI with Polygraph - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Chantilly - 14150 Newbrook Dr (VAC459)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ138116
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
Software Development, Splunk, Splunk Administration
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA
8 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing
some of the most complex government, defense,
and intelligence projects across the country. We
ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our
work has meaning and impact on the world around
us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by
embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and
being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no
challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our
work depends on a Splunk Engineer joining our team to
support our government client's activities in the Northern Virginia locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Splunk Engineer will build applications to help manage, search, analyze, and visualize data. The role includes installing, troubleshooting, and performing Splunk application development following a Scrum Agile approach.
- Needing 2 years' experience managing a Splunk Platform, creating Splunk applications, and using IT Service Intelligence (ITSI).
- Integrating Splunk with other applications and with ServiceNow using web services.
- Managing security updates, patching server vulnerabilities, and maintaining a secure network environment
- Maintaining existing Splunk infrastructure
- Reporting on performance using dashboards and other visual representations of data
- Designing, developing, and implementing new features for Splunk products
- Participating in defining requirements for new products and features, testing prototypes, and providing feedback for improvement
- Work with other developers and the Scrum Master to communicate current development effort status and any blockers in the daily Scrum meetings
- Responsible for ensuring that the software behaves as designed by testing it for bugs and performance during all stages of the development process.
- will assist in maintaining detailed documentation of application design and code generation techniques during the during the development process.
- Participates in special projects as required.
BA/BS or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience. 8+ years of directly related experiences in:
- Web technologies - HTML or XML
- API integrations with other systems
- Event Management
- Security + certification
- Excellent communication and people skills and work well in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience using Confluence and SharePoint
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Chantilly
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!