BEAR Base Superintendent - Military Veterans
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
BEAR Base Superintendent
The BEAR Base Superintendent manages the storage and maintenance activities for all BEAR order of Battle (BOB) Base and Civil Engineering (CE) equipment. Superintends the receipt, accountability, storage, inspection maintenance tasks, technical order/manuals, and commercial manuals for assigned equipment. Directs preparation of stored assets for exercise or actual deployments. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Performs CSC Inspections on Containers as needed.
- Receives, manages, accounts for stores; inspects and maintains equipment and assets.
- Performs visual inspections on newly received and returned deployed assets.
- Stocks and maintains parts, tools, and supplies to perform required work on assets, requisitioning additional tools and parts as needed.
- Responds to inquiries concerning storage and status of assigned equipment.
- Performs Temporary Duty (TDY) within the area of operations as required for USAF/Amentum tasking.
- Schedules and coordinates with the Work Control all shop work assignments.
- Schedules and coordinates with Operations, Production and Supply Managers on production requirements and reviews/analyzes/reconciles production reports each month prior to submitting to Program Support Office (PSO).
- Plans, develops and implements procedures for all BOB equipment technical work.
- Instructs and trains supervisory personnel in maintenance repair techniques, inspects their work performance, identifies training requirements and documents training records. Conducts training on quality assurance, safety, Material Safety Data Sheets, security awareness and other subjects in accordance with appropriate plans.
- Coordinates the erection, construction and operation of BOB equipment to support real world exercise and contingencies.
- Orients new personnel to work crews, planned work assignments, and established work methods.
- Evaluates employees work performance, resolves personnel related problems and initiates action to correct substandard performance by personnel and determine logistic support.
- Reviews current Technical Orders and provides recommended changes to the Job Plans/Maintenance Action Sheets (MAS) to the Bear Functional.
- Researches asset/equipment discrepancies and identifies them to the Bear Functional for coordination with the customer.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials within the assigned work center and coordinates with the appropriate office for the disposal of HAZMAT when required.
- Reviews and analyzes production goals weekly.
- Reviews Standard Basis Supply System (SBSS), supplies documents to verify status of parts.
- Submits the Local Purchase (LP) supply documents to procure items such as test, and shop equipment, consumables, etc.
- Reviews and inventories Organizational Equipment Listings (OEL) and Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRL) for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret all technical data associated with Civil Engineering and BOB assets and related equipment required.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel and Word programs.
- Must be able to obtain CSC Certification.
- Must possess a valid home country driver's license and ability to obtain host nation driver's license.
- May be required to operate material handling equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Background in mechanical/electrical equipment or facilities maintenance required.
- Minimum of five years of experience as a supervisor with US Air Force/Commercial CE equipment and engineering workshop facilities and demonstrated understanding of BOB and Rapid Engineering Deployable Heavy Operational Repair Squadron Engineer (RED HORSE) or similar Defense Agencies Contingency Systems required.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must have a current U.S. Passport.
- Hands-on experience with Harvest Falcon, Eagle and RED HORSE and BEAR assets preferred.
- Maximo experience preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Fahaheel, Al Ahmadi Governorate
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.