Business Development Manager - Automotive F&I - Military Veterans
at The Friedkin Group Inc
LIVING OUR VALUES
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Business Development Manager (BDM), under the leadership of the Director, Training & Development will manage and develop the finance and insurance income activity and results for a defined group of dealerships in the National Sales Division. The BDM will be responsible for 1) improving the product and services market penetration in the client base 2) identifying opportunities to improve volume, product production index, units under management, VSA penetrations, dealership finance and insurance department profitability, as well as introduce and manage new and existing programs to the client base. The BDM will focus their income development efforts to deliver three primary and measurable results: 1) Drive the F&I and Sales processes that result in additional vehicle deliveries. 2) Manage the development activity to create customer loyalty within the dealership base 3) Provide ongoing programs, products, skills and services which make our Dealers and GSFS the most profitable in the automotive industry.
- Organize and schedule dealership visits to drive production, development, and sales through in-store skills modeling and income development; help drive production and dealer commitment to Triton products.
- Visits will include meetings with F&I Department, Service Department, Sales Department, Accounting Department and Dealer Executive Leadership.
- Assisting dealer management in setting standards for sales skills and holding dealership personnel accountable for behavioral performance standards.
- A written summary/recap email will be sent to dealership management team, GSFS Director and Triton Management after each dealership visit.
- As requested, F&I personnel recruiting/interview assistance.
- Access to the Dealer's reporting tool in order to assess dealership performance.
- Attendance at identified Triton meetings, including but not limited to, regularly schedule staff meetings, quarterly update sessions and annual meetings.
- Coordination with GSFS' Training & Development team for incremental dealership training in market.
- Analyze and report monthly and quarterly skills and metrics objectives for each dealership on a timely basis.
- Build loyalty among our customer base by assisting their efforts to develop solutions that will improve sales productivity, volume and profitability.
- Determine account needs and articulate to communication to all stakeholders: Triton National Management, Dealer Group Leadership and Director, GSFSGroup Training & Development.
- Communicate suggestions for a 90-day development plan with GSFSGroup resources.
- Model and demonstrate GSFSGroup Sales and F&I process skills in the retail environment.
- Create the will to grow in both inexperienced and seasoned dealership personnel.
- Learn, train and manage specific F&I Menus and performance reporting platforms.
- Learn, apply and maintain legal and ethical automotive compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; plus 5-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred experience will include 3 - 5 years of income development activity on the provider level for multiple dealerships as well as 5 - 8 years of retail F&I, and /or GSM/GM experience.
Exceed expectations as it relates to expanding the market share for assigned dealers and GSFSGroup. Constantly evaluate and improve the level of satisfaction provided to the client on behalf of our company.
- Display vision as it relates to increased product sales, world-class service, effective negotiating skills, and organic growth. Accept the company challenge to take personal accountability for the results.
- Display the courage to admit a mistake, disagree for the right reasons, and accept compromise when it is in the best interest of the group.
- Effectiveness of communication and team building.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Valid driver’s license required. Willing to complete the courses and pass exams required by specific states needed to obtain applicable license.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is frequently required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business purposes. A large amount of this travel involves driving a company vehicle. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The associate will regularly be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level for this position will vary and the associate may be exposed to loud noise levels.
The job requires significant domestic travel (up to 80% of the time). As a result, the duties for this position occur in various places including, but not limited to an office environment, car dealerships, and semi-industrial settings.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
The Friedkin Group is comprised of a consortium of automotive, hospitality, entertainment, sports and adventure companies. These organizations include Gulf States Toyota, GSFSGroup, US AutoLogistics, Ascent Automotive Group, Auberge Resorts Collection, AS Roma, Imperative Entertainment, 30WEST, NEON, Diamond Creek Golf Club, Congaree and Legendary Expeditions. The Friedkin Group is led by Chairman and CEO Dan Friedkin.