Project Engineering Manager - Military Veterans
at Nestlé USA
We’re a leader in the pet care industry, which means we’re not only ahead in volume, profit and market share, but our associates dare to Stand Taller. We innovate new products, impart new agilities into existing processes, constantly advance pet nutrition, and always pay it forward in the form of service for our communities and families. Are you up for the dare?
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
As a Project Engineering Manager, you will represent the Nestlé Purina corporate engineering team at our Hartwell, GA, project site. You will manage concept, scope, cost, resources, funding and all other facets of small to major capital projects. You will maintain visibility to the design process and assure adherence to all established key components and project deliverables. Coordinating with the client as well as various stakeholders, you will directly manage overall project execution including construction and commissioning.
- Assist in the development of pre-project approval documents including project charter, project management plan, project kick start, estimate and milestone schedule creation
- Apply full understanding of design scope and project deliverables to coordinate bid package development and release for construction bidding and field execution
- Ensure design progress and deliverables are met in adherence to established project key components
- Direct and execute installation, construction and commissioning of assigned projects
- Manage adherence to project milestones and project scope and secure approvals for all changes in projects based on engineering ways of working methodology
- Control the project budget including cost forecasts, cash flow projections and regular reporting
- Provide construction management and plant startup assistance as needed to ensure successful project execution and hand-off
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field – OR – equivalent applicable experience
- 7+ years of project management experience
- Prefer experience working in a manufacturing, industrial, military or related environment
• Hartwell, GA (minimal travel required)
• St. Louis, MO (extensive travel required, approximately 70%)
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Discover your Next Mission at Nestlé
Like you, we have a strong sense of mission. You serve our country, and we serve our country's families, communities, and pets.
Integrity, courage, expertise, speed, and innovation. These are the same principles you have perfected through your service and sacrifice in the form of leadership, adaptability, and resiliency. We will help you utilize those capabilities and develop further in a supportive career environment. It's a shared partnership where we take care of one another like family – the kind of brother-sisterhood that brings out the best in each other.
Vetted By Vets
It's our mission to offer stability and growth opportunities to members of the military community. We work with partners in the industry, the government and educational institutions who further enhance our military-supportive culture. These groups help us create a strong environment for veterans to assimilate into civilian careers at Nestlé.
Everyday Benefits That Serve You and Your Family
When you choose a career at any one of our Nestlé operating companies, you join a collaborative and inspiring culture - and we reward what you contribute and celebrate all you achieve here. We offer a competitive total rewards package inclusive of programs that support your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing, in addition to retirement plans that help you plan for the future.
Please copy and paste this link to view our competitive total rewards package:
Upcoming Virtual Information Sessions:
Interested in learning about our Ensure Supply department and how the team works together to manufacture and deliver our products? The upcoming Nestlé Ensure Supply Virtual Recruiting Information Session will discuss how our salaried and hourly Ensure Supply team members play a critical role in bringing our vast portfolio of products to life. This event will take place on April 27, 2023 from 4:00-5:00 pm EST. Register here: https://forms.office.com/e/GQiG0nFctF.