Civil Engineer III - Highway/Roadway Design NYSDOT - Military Veterans
at Michael Baker
The Civil Engineer III - Highway/Roadway Design will primarily be responsible for civil roadway design and analysis of civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and airports. You will leverage your engineering knowledge and skills to prepare basic studies, construction documents, drawing, maps, reposts and supporting documentation and calculations.
- Work with Project Managers to execute and oversee technical production of roadway and highway projects.
- Lead and perform the development of complex design drawings and engineering estimates involving street and highway projects including coordination with various engineering disciplines.
- Review the work of junior engineering staff, provide QA/QC, mentorship and training.
- Feel a sense of pride in knowing that you are helping Michael Baker International provide innovative solutions to transportation challenges, big and small, and Making a Difference for the clients and communities we serve!
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 8 -10+ years of related highway design experience for transportation clients; NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NJDOT, NJTA, and/or PANYNJ.
- Working knowledge of federal and local design standards including but not limited to AASHTO Design Guidelines for Highway and Streets, FHWA MUTCD, NYS DOT, NYC DDC and NYC DOT.
- Professional Engineering license in NY. NJ license a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Strong English language skills, written and verbal are essential to long term success in this role.
- Quickly get up to speed on our policy, procedures and relevant software while acquiring an understanding of the company's service offerings, and the client's standards and procedures relevant to your projects.
- Microsoft office Suite, MicroStation / InRoads and AutoCAD Civil 3D required
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability
- Professional and personal development
- Generous paid time off
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $120,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT AND OTHER INFORMATION
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. This includes ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances when there is legal entitlement to an accommodation. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified, and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
New York, NY
Michael Baker International, a global leader in engineering, planning and consulting has been partnering with communities since 1940 to solve their most complex infrastructure challenges with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, security management, systems integration and intelligence solutions. Our clients include federal, state, and municipal governments; foreign allied governments; and a wide range of private development and other commercial partners.
When Michael Baker Jr. first established his engineering firm in 1940, he envisioned a company that would serve as a property surveyor or designer of roads, bridges, buildings and sewage systems, and also as a trusted, long-term partner with local communities and distant nations. His employees strove to transform communities, companies, states and even nations, adopting dual roles as both caring neighbors and innovative nation builders. Baker instilled in his employees the drive to deliver improved quality of life and the desire to make a difference.
Baker built a lasting legacy that today forms the foundation on which we continue to serve and grow. Today, we continue to leverage our collective expertise and experience to make the communities we serve better. We strive to make them safer, more accessible, more environmentally sustainable and more livable. We facilitate their transformation supported by differentiating innovation, technologies and dedicated employees. We are change agents, leading our partners around the world into the future.
Our greatest differentiator, though, is our employees who demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. That’s why we engage our people, educate and train them, develop their careers, and invest in their futures. We give them opportunities around the world to exercise and expand their skills and expertise. We reward innovation and collaboration that lead to the best solutions for our clients. As a company, We Make a Difference.
To most effectively serve our clients, Michael Baker International is organized into three distinct business units: Engineering & Consulting; Sallyport Global Holdings; and SC3, which are described below.
ENGINEERING, PLANNING AND CONSULTING
The Engineering, Planning and Consulting business unit encompasses the complete life-cycle of planning, environmental assessment, engineering design, construction management, and facilities maintenance for projects in more than 38 countries on five continents. We provide a full continuum of solutions for a broad range of markets, including highways, bridges, airports, rail and mass transit systems, domestic and overseas government and commercial facilities, water and wastewater infrastructure, energy infrastructure and urban planning and development.
Professional Services – As part of Engineering, Planning and Consulting, this business unit provides high-value, differentiated engineering and professional services around the globe, including specialized construction services, cost management support and engineering support.