Warehouse Director Development Program - Military Veterans
at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. (a part of the C&S Family of Companies)
Accelerate Your Leadership Trajectory
Our focus is simple but meaningful, from our distribution centers to our offices — every employee of C&S and their family of companies works to help feed local families, neighbors, and communities. If you’re a warehouse distribution leader looking for an accelerated leadership career, this is the role for you.
We’re looking for highly motivated and relocatable warehouse leaders who are seeking the opportunity to learn the C&S way and participate in special projects, all preparing you to lead your own distribution center within our network. An exciting part of this program is the opportunity to work in different warehouse locations and areas of responsibility.
Impact You’ll Make
As a Warehouse Leader, you’ll help cultivate a strategy to create and maintain a first-class employee experience focusing on talent development, including employee engagement, staffing, retention, learning, and training. This accelerated program will be a curated experience with significant exposure to senior leadership, paid relocation, a structured onboarding process, and the ability to grow your career with us.
You will establish yourself as an engaging and inclusive leader to maximize productivity, growth, and development. You will create and lead strategy around operational activities to achieve P&L goals, providing the highest possible service to our customer base, ensuring compliance with corporate policies/government regulations, and providing a work environment conducive to superior productivity, safety, and quality.
The Program Includes:
- Company Provided Relocation
- 90-Day Onboarding Program
- 1-2 Rotations to different Distribution Centers to expose you to different experiences
- Over 12-18 months, prepare to become a director of your own facility.
- Must be flexible to work in at least 50% of our facilities. For a complete list of locations, please click on this link C&S Wholesale Grocers Jobs - Company Addresses (cswg.com) (https://careers.cswg.com/company-addresses/)
You Will Experience:
- Rotation to different distribution centers and environments with curated experiences to prepare you for a role as Director of Operations within one of our sites
- Helping oversee day-to-day operations of a distribution center
- Working on projects overseeing adopting and using improved processes, new assets, and new facilities
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for team members and visitors, following company policies and health and safety regulations
- Leading and developing a team of warehouse employees to deliver unparalleled service
- Assisting in developing individual and team performance improvement to achieve company objectives. Support succession planning, team building, and engagement activities
- Evaluating the performance and potential of all distribution center functions, addressing performance gaps, and taking corrective action to ensure delivery against operating objectives
- 6+ years of experience in a leadership role in retail operations, distribution, transportation, logistics, and/or supply chain management
- Experienced in financial planning (P&L), budgets and possess the ability to get results to achieve growth and reduce costs, plus a complete understanding of audit procedures
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment
- Proficiency with any Warehouse Management Systems (i:e Blue Yonder, SAP, Infor, Manhattan)
We’re Searching for Candidates With:
- High standard of integrity and reliability; able to build trust & loyalty with others.
- Proven ability to drive culture and results
- Experience developing talent at multiple levels
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Ability to work in active, fast-paced environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management
- Able to coordinate activities effectively in complex situations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive significant, strategic projects to completion independently
- Ability to partner with all levels of management in a cross-functional team environment
- Start-up and/or turnaround experience preferred
- Willing to relocate to any of the selected C&S facilities after 90-day onboarding
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent work experience (HS Diploma/GED accompanied by directly related work experience)
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Benefits available from day 1 (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- Company matched 401k
- PTO and Holiday Pay offered
- Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Health & Wellness program
- Employee Discounts / Purchasing programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Warehouse: Freezer (-20F to 0F)
- Warehouse: Perishable Warehouse (28F to 60F)
- Warehouse: Grocery Warehouse (50F to 90F)
- Office: Office Temperature (65F to 75F)
Every person matters.
We keep our values alive through a culture that embraces differences and ensures that every person matters.
C&S and their Family of Companies are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The Fine Print
This Job advertisement does not constitute a promise or guarantee of employment. This job advertisement describes the general nature and level of this position only. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. This position may be with any affiliate of C&S Wholesale Grocers.
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Company: C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc.
Job Area: Warehouse Operations
Job Family: Operations
Job Type: Regular
Job Code: JC1707
Pay Range: $97,960 - $129,780
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. is an industry leader in supply chain solutions and wholesale grocery supply in the United States. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 7,500 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases and institutions with over 100,000 different products. We are an engaged corporate citizen, supporting causes that positively impact our communities.
Learn more at: careers.cswg.com