Software Engineer I (Angular) - Military Veterans
at Penske Truck Leasing
Software Engineer I (Angular) (Job Number: 2224427 )
Working with a diverse team, you will play an integral role in designing, developing, and supporting our business critical applications, while mentoring associate engineers on software development best practices in an effort to deliver our next generation of innovative applications to our customers
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Software Engineer I, you will participate in all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle by supporting existing software development efforts and troubleshooting issues as they occur while also developing new software modules across multiple small to medium projects concurrently. You will have an opportunity to lead the design of certain software components and suggest new products, applications and features based on industry and technological trends and advances. You will also consult with process owners in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with user requirements. Finally, you will get an opportunity to work with a diverse team and mentor junior software engineers.
* Be the primary contact and lead support associate for multiple applications.
* Play a critical role in supporting the application lifecycle (design, develop, test, release and support) based on detailed requirements and guidance from senior engineers/leads.
* Collaborate with technical/business leaders and product owners to acquire and understand requirements / acceptance criteria.
* Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance, troubleshoot / fix applications and applicable code
* Support mission critical applications and assist in the resolution of customer issues.
* Design backend database schemas.
* Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards.
* Write unit / UI tests to identify defects and leverage CI/CD for building and deploying code.
* Triage production issues and work with multiple teams to perform problem analysis
* Assign and review tasks from junior and offshore software engineers.
* Participate in conducting new hire interviews.
* Influence the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns)
* Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies)
* Other projects as assigned
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
* 5-7 years experience of appropriate programming languages dependent on the role(Java, RPG, etc)
* Knowledge of technical project management
* Knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them in software development.
* Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
* Experience in relational database design.
* Knowledge and experience of the Agile software development methodology.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
* Ability to research emerging software development frameworks and tools
* Ability to estimate and medium to large sized projects.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge of full software development lifecycle
* Some background in DevOps Tools and automation
* Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
* Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
5401 West Kennedy Blvd Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33609
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Job : Information Technology
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Software Engineer I
Req ID: 2224427
Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing is a Penske Transportation Solutions company headquarterd in Reading, Pennsylvania. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske Truck Leasing operates 417,000+ vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,300 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.pensketruckleasing.com to learn more.
Penske is great place to launch or continue your career. We are a dynamic growth company with a 50-plus year history of success that is built upon a foundation of taking great care of our customers, a dedication to excellence in all we do every day and tapping innovative ideas from our associates to drive success for our customers and our own businesses.
Penske offers a wide variety of transportation products and services ranging from full-service truck leasing and fleet maintenance, truck rental, used truck sales, and global supply chain and logistics solutions. Visit www.gopenske.com for more details.
Our company makes headlines regularly around the globe. Keep up with the latest news and information from Penske by visiting our newsroom.
Here, we support our country’s servicemen and women by offering a military discount on truck rentals at more than 2,400 convenient locations. But, it doesn’t stop there. We realize America’s veterans possess the unique skills and strong work ethic that lead to success. That’s why we make it our mission to hire thousands of veterans for the amazing career opportunities we offer. Consider a career with us. We’re always looking for veterans, like you, to join our team in a variety of roles, including as diesel technicians where you’ll use today’s cutting-edge technologies to take care of our customers – from individual consumers to some of the world’s leading companies. That’s not all. You could also join our team as a professional truck driver, fleet maintenance supervisor, operations management, as well as in logistics and supply chain operations. We’re proud of our commitment to hiring veterans and active Guard and Reserve personnel and have received numerous awards for our support.