CND Analyst - DCO and CIRT - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Falls Church - 3170 Fairview Park Drive (VAC466)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ135839
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Cyber Threat Intelligence, Network Defense, Network Security
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
9 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
CND Analyst - DCO and CIRT: THIS POSITION ALLOWS FOR UP TO 2 DAYS REMOTE WORK A WEEK.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
GDIT has an opening for a CND Analyst - DCO and CIRT position supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Chantilly, VA. This is an IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The GECOS program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model.
The position resides within the ARNG's Security Operations Center (SOC), which provides its services to the ARNG on a 24x7 basis. SOC personnel may be asked to be on-call or contacted outside of normal business hours in order to support mission requirements
The CND Analyst - DCO and CIRT will:
- Reviews, analyzes, documents, and routes WCF requests for potentially malicious Indicators of Compromise/domains.
- Analyzes incoming data feeds and system logs in coordination with the SOC.
- Develops and maintains an incident response plan and associated SOPs for all incident response types and efforts.
- Maintains cyber incident documentation in accordance with RMF and Federal regulations and guidance.
- Assist in incident handling and response activities and fulfills reporting requirements.
- Reviews all reported incidents, verifies that all pertinent information is recorded and confirmed, and ensures closure occurs only after all remediation and reporting activities have occurred in accordance with RMF and Federal regulations.
- Develops and deploys countermeasures to enterprise systems or networks under ARNG responsibility in coordination with the RCC-NG to contain cyber incidents.
- Produces incident assessment and response reports, along with recommended remediation activities.
- Coordinates with the Government to use findings to inform, expand, or focus monitoring efforts.
- Ensures the handling of possible or actual data spills of classified sensitive information resident in ISs are conducted in accordance with DoDI 8500.01.
- Provides cybersecurity compliance including, but not limited to, operational reporting, scanning, firewalls, proxy services, intrusion detection, sensors, PKI, antivirus servers, monitoring, security incident management, COMSEC, FISMA, and security manager.
Qualifications: Bachelors and/or 10+ years of IT management experience including network engineering and cybersecurity support. Desired degree: Cybersecurity or Network Engineering. Will consider other combinations of years of experience, degree, and certifications.
Shift/Work Schedule: 40% Telework (2 days a week) optional
Required Certification(s): DoD 8570 IAT II (Sec+ or equivalent) or above
Desired Certification(s): DoD 8570 IAT III (CISSP or equivalent); ITIL
POSITION ALLOWS FOR UP TO 2 DAYS REMOTE WORK WEEKLY
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA VA Falls Church
Additional Work Locations:
USA VA Arlington
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Falls Church, VA
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!