Cyber Security Engineer - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R134796
- US - MD, Aberdeen
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Cyber Security Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to create and manage hardware, software, and security policies for the protection of systems, networks, and data.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for information systems (IS) to meet DoD/Army cybersecurity and information assurance regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements.
- Perform technical (evaluation of technology) and non-technical (evaluation of people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments of relevant technology focus areas (e.g., local computing environment, network and infrastructure, enclave boundary, supporting infrastructure, and applications).
- Prepare audit reports that identify technical and procedural findings and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Skill in conducting vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems. (i.e., ACAS, SCAP, etc.)
- Skill in conducting application vulnerability assessments. (i.e., Software Assurance Tools (Fortify, Coverity, etc.)
- Conduct and/or support authorized penetration testing on enterprise network assets. (i.e.: to include the need for them to travel for test events, CVPA, SAT, etc.)
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing to provide guidance, direction, and technical assistance to customers.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Refer to Job Description for Education and Experience Requirements
- The Cyber Security Engineer shall have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS).
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- Preferred Current and Up to Date Cybersecurity/Information Technology (IT) Certification Per DoD 8570.01-M (Ch4), DFARS252.239.7001, Department of the Army Pamphlet 25–2–6 (Cybersecurity Training and Certification Program) or the ability to achieve certification within six (6) months of cybersecurity role appointment.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:SecretThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.