Lead Software Engineer - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R134793
- US - MD, Aberdeen
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Lead Software Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to facilitatagile DEVSECOPS processes and discussions among development and customer team members to achieve optimum software solutions.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Apply computer science concepts and principles in the development of software for the applicable applications
- Apply in-depth knowledge of project management
- Design, develop, integrate, and test software for applications to meet system level requirements
- Manage large complex projects through software design, development, and test
- Leads a project team in the application of advanced principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions that are highly creative.
- Works under consultative direction toward predetermining long-range targets.
- Provides advice and counsel to the organization in area of expertise.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Refer to Job Description for Education and Experience Requirements
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
- High level of familiarity with software patterns and modern design methodology
- Experience doing software development on Windows and/or Linux based platforms
- Software Planning (Development Plan, Build Plan, Sprint Plans)
- Familiarity with developing software to meet cybersecurity related software requirements/constraints
- Familiarity with network architectures and communication protocols
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:SecretThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.