Software Development Engineer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
Software Development Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
ATA is seeking a Software Development Engineer interested in developing engineering software tools that support the analysis, design, and testing of aerospace structures, environments, and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide programming support for aerospace, mechanical, and structural engineers on a wide variety of challenging projects, from structural dynamics to data management and file format translation.
- Manage development operations for a variety of engineering software tools, including code review, test suite maintenance and development, security review, and code delivery.
- Work closely with engineers in other disciplines, such as structural, fluids, materials, design, and test engineers.
- Provide clients with results that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and deliver oral presentations to clients.
The ideal candidate would have all of the following skills. A highly motivated but less-experienced candidate interested in learning these skills would also be considered.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computational or Software Engineering, with an excellent academic record. Dual major or minor in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering a strong plus.
- Preferred experience includes programming in Python, MATLAB, C, C++, C#, and/or Fortran, with ability to troubleshoot software configurations. Computational programming experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of industry software development experience; development operations experience preferred.
- Interest in programming engineering applications; experience with engineering tools preferred.
- Experience with Git required; experience with Gitlab or similar DevOps platform preferred.
- Ability to communicate with engineers about domain-specific knowledge.
- Machine-learning experience a plus.
- Strong familiarity with object-oriented programming.
- GUI programming experience preferred.
- Comfortable with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Willing to travel and occasionally work at customer sites, as needed.
- Must be a US Person.
- Full-time position only. No contractors or part-time applications will be accepted.
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $80,000-$165,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $145,000-$285,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.