Senior Electrical Engineer (Research & Development) - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R135030
- US - MD, Aberdeen
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is seeking a highly motivated and creative power electronics engineer with broad knowledge and some experience to perform R&D projects for tactical power systems. Work to include designing and analyzing and improving the efficiency and scalability of the power electronics. You will work closely with scientists and engineers on team-based development projects with R&D teams in a tight-knit and data-driven organization, and you will play a key role in our prototype development iteration cycle.
This job is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for:
- Performing research, development, and testing of ac-dc unidirectional and bi-directional power generation.
- Working closely with R&D and product development teams defining the product specifications, designing hardware/software, and verifying the design.
- Performing compliance-requirement, design-trade-off, and failure-mode analysis to facilitate transition from R&D phase.
- Building and maintaining technical competency in power electronics technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Deep knowledge in topology, modeling and control of various types of power converters such as DC/AC inverters, AC/DC converters, and DC/DC resonant converters.
- Hands-on experience with designing, debugging, and testing of power converters, as well as with applications and/or design of its key components, such as semiconductor devices and magnetic components.
- Familiarity with digital control theory and its implementation with embedded microcontrollers (MCU, DSP, FPGA).
- Familiarity in using simulation and math software such as MATLAB/Simulink,
- Experience in at least one programming language (Python, C, MATLAB, etc.)
- Experience with electronic equipment and instrumentation, including instrument automation
- Understanding of power architectures and converters for applications.
- Experience with PCB layout.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience with board-level physics simulation tools such as Ansys or ADS.
- Proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium or Cadence.
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of industry or university research experience in a combination of power electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting; more experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply
- Prospective candidates should possess excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills. They must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- U.S. citizens required.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneThis position is part of our Federal Solutions team.Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
Salary Range:$121,900.00 - $219,400.00We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.