Compensation Manager - Military Veterans
at Carmeuse Americas
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate HR Services, the Compensation Manager is a vital part of the Pay & Benefits team at Carmeuse Americas. This position manages salaried compensation and provides oversight for hourly compensation. This position works closely with the Americas corporate HR department, the payroll and IT departments, Carmeuse field HR professionals at plants across North America, and HR professionals in the Carmeuse global headquarters in Belgium.
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary range for this position is $85k-$100k as well as an annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
- Manage annual salary increase and hourly wage increase processes for North America.
- Manage executive, management, and hourly incentive compensation programs.
- Manage and maintain external compensation website with employee data, jobs data, compensation survey matches, and external compensation surveys.
- Support preparation for semi-annual compensation committee meetings.
- Evaluate jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmark jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepare and maintain job classifications and salary scales.
- Participate in compensation surveys and conduct workforce analytics.
- Work with field HR professionals to develop competitive base salary and base wage proposals for new hire offers, promotions, and other personnel changes.
- Support retirement programs (pension & 401k) and HSA programs.
- Manage vendor relationships supporting compensation, retirement, and HSA programs.
- Work in SAP and Oracle HCM systems and HCM reporting tools; raise issues and trends to senior HR personnel, make recommendations and implement corrections and improvements.
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources or related field.
- Three to five years of experience as a compensation analyst.
- HR certifications are preferred.
- Experience with SAP HCM or Oracle HCM is preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices in compensation including job analysis/evaluation and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Excel for data analysis.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Good customer service orientation
- Vendor management experience is preferred but not required
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it's a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company's most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
About the Team
You will be part of Carmeuse Americas, a Rock-Star team of 2500 workers and employees bringing with them their own culture and specific needs. The Americas headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA and have over three dozen production facilities across the Eastern U.S., Canada, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia.
Carmeuse Americas is a leading manufacturer of lime and limestone products used in a variety of applications, and benefits the environment by providing cleaner air, safer water and improved soil characteristics. Founded in 1860, Carmeuse is a privately owned Belgian company evolving from a calcium-based mineral provider into a company that continues to add integrated services. Carmeuse and its subsidiaries offer equipment and engineering services to optimize our customers’ processes, improve safety, and provide reliable supply. Solutions provided through Carmeuse span across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction, site development, building materials, water and wastewater treatment, agriculture, and more. Subsidiaries and partnerships of Carmeuse Americas include: Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), Mintek Resources, Inc., Yager Materials, Oxidos do Brasil, Rio Cal S.A.S., and Cal Arco Iris.