Principle Engineer (Defense) Quality - Military Veterans
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the Future.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Principle Quality Engineer to join our team in Canoga Park, CA. This individual will provide program Quality Engineering support and leadership for Defense programs spanning the lifecycle of the program including design, development, production, test and supplier support.
What we can offer you:
Inspiring Company Culture - Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation's aerospace and defense legacy. Read more about our culture: Careers | Aerojet Rocketdyne
Rest and Relaxation - 3 weeks of vacation to start plus separate sick allowance. 9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends. Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company paid holidays.
Comprehensive Health Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness
Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with company match
Professional Development - Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program
Employee Resource Groups - Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
40% Serves as quality lead between the function and program for all facets of quality assurance and supports coordination, including day-to-day task assignments.
- Leads and provides guidance to less senior quality engineering personnel in providing program and functional support in quality related matters.
- Coordinates communication with the customer on quality issues, corrective action activities as well as advocacy for customer concerns
20% - Leads corrective and preventive action teams to ensure continual improvement. Investigates and determines root causes of problems. Develops and implements corrective and preventive actions.
20% - Provides support to the Quality Engineering leadership in creating, resourcing, implementing and tracking continuous improvement projects through to completion.
- Leads quality support of proposal activity for new and follow on business
10% - Prepares comprehensive analyses, procedures, reports and presentations for both internal and external customers.
10% - Provides Quality Engineering direction including, but not limited to these areas:
- Requirements flowdown: Ensure program design and process documents for area of responsibility include program quality requirements and that products are inspectable.
- Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA). Lead effort to quantify and reduce risk using this quality tool. Is considered the process expert.
- Process mistake proofing/improvement. Actively participates in improvement teams to reduce risk through the application of mistake proofing principles.
- Inspects method development and implementation. Develops, implements and monitors new or existing inspection methods to ensure products meet stated engineering requirements.
- First Article Inspection planning and execution per AS9102 requirements.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and fourteen (14) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading DoD programs and knowledge of MAP
- Certified Quality Engineer or proven capability in APQP, PFMEA, Process Variation Management
- Experience leading diverse teams through product lifecycles
- Experience leading complex multi-departmental root cause and corrective action investagations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven change agent able to train and inspire a cross-functional team
- Ability to analyze issues evaluating risk, develop creative solutions with stakeholder engagement, and execute with shared resources
- Must consistently meet commitments in a schedule challenged environment
- Advanced degree desired, but not required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Depending on the location of the position, visual certification requirement may apply.
Pay range for this position:120,500 - 177,166 per year Note about pay range:Pay range for this job level is a general guideline only for California and/or Washington State and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic systems, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. is a leading technology-based manufacturer of aerospace and defense products and systems with a real estate segment that includes activities related to the entitlement, sale, and leasing of the company's excess real estate assets. At Aerojet Rocketdyne, we work on projects that are substantial enough to be challenging, yet focused in objective, so your individual contribution is never lost in the process. We stress a strong ethical workplace, both in relation to the work we do and the sense of fairness that is extended to all employees, regardless of background. We believe that a primary reason for Aerojet Rocketdyne's success is our focus on honesty, safety, respect for others, quality and accountability. These priorities are the framework for everything we do at Aerojet Rocketdyne and allow us to continue to produce the quality products and technologies for which we are known. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne and Aerojet Rocketdyne Holdings, Inc. can be obtained by visiting the companies' websites at www.rocket.com and at www.aerojetrocketdyne.com.