Certified Industrial Hygienist - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s almost 7,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results, solving the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community and project by project. TRC is ranked #17 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking an experienced Certified Industrial Hygienist to join our Building Science and Industrial Hygiene practice inthe upper Mid-West states (IL, WI, MI). Remote and hybrid options are available.
The position requires a strong Industrial Hygiene service background, project management skills and experience, a solid reputation of building and maintaining key client relationships and a strong interest in business development.
The position will focus on providing industrial hygiene consulting and helping clients to improve their performance to their applicable health and safety goals and objectives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Acts as the Practice/Region Technical/Regulatory Leader for building science and industrial hygiene services.
- Focused on the advancement and growth of building science and industrial hygiene services as part of a nationwide team.
- Mentors and coaches Practice/Region Team Members for the growth and delivery of building science and industrial hygiene services as part of a national delivery platform.
- Coordination and execution of regulated materials surveys for asbestos-containing materials, lead-containing materials, mold, indoor air quality, PCB's, universal wastes etc.
- Preparation of regulated materials survey reports, abatement specifications, work plans, and Operation and Maintenance programs.
- Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects and tasks managed as well as projects and tasks managed by others. Responsible for implementation of the firms' quality procedures at project and task levels.
- Manage regulated materials abatement oversight and air monitoring services.
- Conduct indoor air quality assessments.
- Lead the delivery of qualitative and quantitative exposure assessments.
- Develop, implement, and oversee sampling strategies measuring airborne concentrations of dust, gases, and mists; uses air sampling instruments and collection devices collecting samples of materials to detect and evaluate employee exposure including determining the effectiveness of engineering and administrative controls.
- Develop industrial hygiene programs and create exposure profiles.
- Perform and oversee moisture and microbial assessments, including preparation of work plans for remediation efforts.
- Manages project communication and engagement with all key stakeholders.
- Perform project budgeting, coordination, management and oversight.
- Travel to client sites as needed.
- Work with client account managers and account teams to meet client expectations and increase services provided to the client.
- Assisting a variety of industrial operations including power, chemical, food & beverage, aerospace, forest products, rail transportation, oil & gas, retail, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 10+ years of experience in the regulated materials, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene industry.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health and Safety or related field. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Technical Direction and financial management of large-scale projects providing environmental services, asbestos, lead, PCBs, mold, indoor air quality, industrial hygiene, safety and hazardous materials experience with a consulting/engineering firm in the local market place.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of exposure banding and control technologies for industrial Clients.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the following standards:
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) and the Industrial Ventilation Manual.
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)/American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
- Experience in developing and implementing safety and industrial hygiene programs to facilitate regulatory compliance that meet and exceed OSHA General Industry Safety and Health Regulations.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage various work schedules and situations related to emergency response scenarios.
- Intuitive and creative thinker. Understanding of their surroundings and reason the services are being provided. A consultative demeanor and ability to work with customers / clients and offers solutions when needed.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle records check.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Must be able to commute to project sites as-needed
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For temporary employees, TRC offers a 401(k) plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.