Retail Stocking Associate - Military Veterans
at Harbor Freight Tools
A Retail Stocking Associate (part-time) helps to ensure goods are properly received and stocked. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability, and deliver a rewarding customer experience.
The anticipated rate for this position is $15.15 per hour depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. Associates (and their families) are eligible to participate in a limited medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, and short-term disability. Eligible Associates can enroll in our company's 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off at the rate of at least 1 hour for every 26 hours worked up to 136 hours per year and paid sick time at the rate of at least 1 hour for every 30 hours worked up to 64 hours per year unless otherwise required by law.
Why You'll Love it:
- People First Culture
- Paid time off
- Associate discounts
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for all associates
- Company Matched 401(K)
- Respectful scheduling
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas & Easter
- Stable employment with growing company
- Clear path to promotion with full-time opportunities
- Provide a great experience for our customers
- Receive, inspect, and stock product
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized store/stockroom
- Other duties as assigned
What We Need:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum of 1 year experience in retail or customer service
- Ability to communicate clearly with customers and associates in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Ability to intermittently lift, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds and stand/move for entire shift.
- Ability to lift, bend, kneel, climb, crawl and/or twist and safely climb up/down a ladder.
- Physically able and willing to become certified to operate a forklift in accordance with IIPP (Injury and Illness Prevention Program)
- Ability to work nights weekends and holidays as needed.
About Harbor Freight Tools
We're a family-owned business with over 45 years as a national tool retailer, and with the energy, enthusiasm, and growth potential of a start-up. We are a $6.75+ billion company with over 1,350 stores in 48 states, 25,000+ Associates, and one of the fastest-growing retailers in the country.
At Harbor Freight, we value people above all else. We value who you are, what you've experienced, and how you see the world. We believe our differences make us stronger. We're looking for talented individuals who are in pursuit of personal and professional growth, have a team-first attitude, and can lead by our core values.
What To Expect: The Harbor Freight Hiring Process
At Harbor Freight, we build careers and we want to get to know more about your skills! After submitting your application, please take our quick, fun and easy gamified assessment and show us your skills in action!
- Within 60 minutes after completing your application, you will receive a text and email with a link to the games.
- The games should take 3-5 minutes .
- You can complete this step at any time from your mobile device or computer.
In 1977, Harbor Freight had a simple, but crucial mission: make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality tools they could trust.
With our team of 25,000 strong, Harbor Freight is the leading discount tool retailer in the United States with over twenty million satisfied customers.
We are one of the fastest-growing retailers in the country, opening two stores each week and have 1,300+ stores nationwide. Each location has a wide assortment of quality tools at the lowest prices you can find.
At Harbor Freight, our mission is to be America’s leading provider of high-quality tools at the lowest prices available.
We value people above all else
We value who you are, what you’ve experienced, and how you see the world. We believe our differences make us stronger.