Engineer, Control Systems (Onsite) - Merrimack, NH - Military Veterans
At Getinge we have the passion to perform
Join our diverse teams of passionate people and a career that allows you to develop both personally and professionally. At Getinge, our passion is to secure that every person and community have access to the best possible care, offering hospitals and life science institutions products and solutions that aim to improve clinical results and optimize workflows. Every day we collaborate to make a true difference for our customers - and to save more lives.
Are you looking for an inspiring career? You just found it.
Assist in the specification, development and documentation of machine and process control systems for maintaining or enhancing production safety, quality and consistency across all product lines.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Create and maintain equipment design documentation, including equipment requirements, hardware specifications, software specifications, equipment configuration documents and test plans.
- Design machine electrical and pneumatic systems, including selecting components, creating Bills of Materials and drawing schematics.
- Configure and program PLCs, HMIs, servo systems and all other software driven controls components to operate production and test equipment in accordance with equipment requirements documents.
- Perform control systems review activities including risk assessments, code reviews and design/drawing reviews.
- Integrate and test control systems hardware and participate in equipment builds.
- Test and debug PLC, HMI and instrumentation software.
- Configure and test machine instruments, components and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical expertise during maintenance of production equipment in a controlled environment.
- Support validation of new equipment and controls.
- Interface with other departments such as Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing and R&D.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum two years related experience.
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Design knowledge and experience with machine controls and NFPA70.
- Design knowledge and experience with PLC and HMI software (Allen Bradley preferred).
- Design knowledge and experience with servo based motion control.
- Experience with CAD software to create and maintain electrical / control schematics.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accurate - attention to detail and the ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Problem Solving - ability to understand a problem, devise and implement a solution.
- Interpersonal - Ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with internal and external customers. Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Aptitude for technical writing, with the ability to organize information for manufacturing equipment documentation. Must have good spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Supervision/Management of Others
- No direct supervision of others, but provides instructions and guidance to technicians during equipment build, commissioning and testing.
Internal and External Contacts / Relationships
Main Contacts, Internal:
- Team members (including contractors), all Getinge colleagues including Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, Operations, Quality and Validation functions.
- Various Contractors, vendors and consultants related to tooling and equipment supply.
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations (As applicable to your job function).
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Getinge is on an excitingtransformation journey constantly looking for new ways to innovate together with our customersto meet the healthcare challenges of the future. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and to sustainability with a goal to beCO2 neutral by 2025.We believe in giving our employees the flexibility they need and make every effort to foster a learning culture that supportstheirpersonal development andcreativity.Our passionatepeople hold our brand promise 'Passion for Life' close to heart.
Ifyoushareourpassionandbelievethatsavinglivesisthegreatestjobinthe world,thenwelook forwardtoreceivingyourapplication and resume. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most respected and trusted medtech company.
Getinge Infection Control
Getinge Infection Control (GETINGE) is one out of three business areas within Getinge AB, a publicly-listed, Swedish-based group of companies. The Getinge Infection Control business area consists of two divisions; Healthcare and Life Science. For the Healthcare sector, GETINGE provides solutions for infection control whereas for the Life Science sector, GETINGE is a key provider of solutions for contamination prevention.
Worldwide, GETINGE ranks among the leading providers of disinfectors and sterilizers within the healthcare and life sciences segments. Since its foundation in 1904, Getinge Infection Control has stood for innovation and technological progress in the field of disinfection and sterilization. Together with the other two business areas, Extended Care (ARJOHUNTLEIGH) and Medical Systems (MAQUET), the entire Getinge Group focuses on state-of-the-art medical technology.
The Getinge Infection Control organization is to be found all over the world, with 36 subsidiaries on six continents and over 230 distributors and partner companies in sales and service representing Getinge Infection Control.