PRN Registered Nurse II (RN) Preop/PACU - Days - Military Veterans
at Houston Methodist
We hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard.
At Houston Methodist, nurses develop their skills through a wide range of educational programs, collaborate with physicians to provide the best care and build upon a world-class reputation for excellence in patient care, education and research. We hold ourselves - and the careers we build - to a higher standard. Our growing, inclusive health care system offers:
- Superior practice settings
- High safety standards
- Professional development & nursing education
- Meaningful collaboration with physicians
- Unparalleled support
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
- Twelve months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
- Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
I CARE VALUES
We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
We embrace the whole person and respond to emotional, ethical and spiritual concerns as well as physical needs.
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity and value.
We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
Fast Facts | Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
- 149 operating beds
- 12 operating rooms
- 764 affiliated physicians
- 1,108 employees
- 6,608 inpatients
- 175,322 outpatients
- 25,595 emergency room visits
Hear From Our Chief Nursing Executive, Andrea Harrow:
Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
"Nursing is the most rewarding profession. As a nurse we have the opportunity to touch so many lives in so many different ways. We have the ability to serve others with compassion and dignity at one of their most vulnerable times. Nursing is truly a calling.
Follow your calling."
About Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital
Houston Methodist Clear Lake Hospital is committed to leading medicine in Clear Lake and surrounding communities by delivering the Houston Methodist standard of exceptional safety, quality, personalized service and innovation. Houston Methodist Clear Lake houses 149 operating beds, with 12 operating rooms and more than 1,100 employees.
Awards and Distinctions
- Magnet Recognition for Outstanding Nursing- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Accredited Cancer Program- Commission on Cancer
- Silver Beacon Award for Excellence - ICU- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN)
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence- American College of Radiology
- Exemplary Five Star Award- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Stroke Ready Designated Facility- DNV GL
- Chest Pain Accredited Facility- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
Nassau Bay, TX
At Houston Methodist, Leading Medicine is more than a description of what we do; it's who we are. We take our responsibility as Houston's premier health care system seriously, and with a national reputation for excellence in patient care, innovation and research, we hold ourselves and the careers we build to a higher standard. Our culture is diverse, dynamic and challenging. We believe in our I Care Values and conduct ourselves with Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect for others and a commitment to Excellence. Discover the difference for yourself and join Houston Methodist.
You can click on the video links below to learn more!
· About Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClN3mmKT0EI
· Nursing at Houston Methodist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUfmVeansTo
· Houston - Best City to Live In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzLQzGBjHJw