Maker's Mark a Subsidiary of BeamSuntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
The following position is open in Loretto Kentucky , United States . This position will be based at the distillery which is approximately 20 miles south of Bardstown, KY
What makes this a great opportunity?
Maker's Mark is seeking an ambitious, dynamic, and passionate chef to lead its onsite culinary and restaurant team at Star Hill Provisions. With a true focus on farm to table to include on site raised produce, Wagyu, and seasonal ingredients, the ideal chef should have a track record and love for sustainability and the vision and drive to bring all of these elements to life on a plate.
- Set and track event menus
- Create and maintain seasonal, sustainable menus
- Respond to special requests from clients
- Participate in Maker's Mark marketing and outreach programs, which may include appearances, photo-shoots, etc.
- Write, scale, and adjust recipes as needed so they comply with food and labor cost goals
- Source new vendors and products as needed
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products served.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and bring suggestions for improvement
- Update all menus at the request of the executive team and as needed
- Execute tastings for both individuals and groups
- Work with executive teams to set pricing for all menus
- Establish and maintain vending kitchen equipment and small-ware inventory
- Procure needed operational materials
- Assisting the kitchen team as necessary
- Hire, train, and manage kitchen team
- Maintain cleaning systems in the BOH
- Ensure an "A" rating, or comparable, from the Department of Health and/or Department of Agriculture
- Be a leader in all aspects of the business
- Champion Maker's Mark and Star Hill Provisions
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Build and maintain team morale
- Support Maker's Mark corporate goals though other duties as needed
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have high-end culinary experience with a focus on farm to table
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with the executive team and employees under supervision
- Comfortable with high-level execution
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- ServSafe certified
- Minimum of six years' experience cooking professionally
- At least two years in a managerial capacity in a sous-chef or chef capacity
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene- issued Food Protection Certificate
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.