Archaeological Crew Chief - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC has an opening for an Archaeological Crew Chief to report to our Pittsburgh, PA office. This is a part-time, as-needed position.
This person will support large-scale and small-scale projects throughout PA, OH, NY, and WV. We are looking for an individual that is enthusiastic about their work, yet also possesses a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and they will help to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges. This position will require frequent travel away from the home office. TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including health benefits and a 401k plan with a company match.This is a part-time/as-needed position with the opportunity for full-time employment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Direct all types of archaeological projects, ranging from small local surveys through large, multi-year and multi-state projects
- Handle planning, logistics, and supervision of fieldwork for projects as assigned and assist with report writing, under the direction of the Field Director/Principal Investigator
- Promote TRC safety and quality standards, policies and procedures and ensure field employees comply
- Ensure that all work and data collected are accurate, organized, and of high quality
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology is required, Masters preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in all aspects of archaeological fieldwork with supervisory experience
- Some familiarity with digital field technology (GPS units, tablets, cameras)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to safety
- Ability to accomplish tasks in a timely manner, with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills
- The ability to work well on a team and individually
- Basic knowledge of Section 106 and state and federal regulations and environmental review processes and requirements
- A valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.