Principal Microbiologist (Hybrid) - Merrimack, NH - Military Veterans
At Getinge we have the passion to perform
Join our diverse teams of passionate people and a career that allows you to develop both personally and professionally. At Getinge, our passion is to secure that every person and community have access to the best possible care, offering hospitals and life science institutions products and solutions that aim to improve clinical results and optimize workflows. Every day we collaborate to make a true difference for our customers - and to save more lives.
Are you looking for an inspiring career? You just found it.
This position provides an opportunity for career growth while ensuring the quality, safety, and sterility assurance of cardiovascular medical devices and accessory products.
The position will provide a technical resource to lead or support projects relating to Sterilization, Microbiology, and Cleanroom Operations. The Principal Microbiologist will facilitate the implementation of company policy and strategies with respect to product cleanliness, sterilization, and cleanroom operations. Additionally, he/she will support new product development, collaborating with Product Development Teams and suppliers to provide design inputs for microbiological quality and sterilization requirements. The position will support and drives validation activities for sterilization and cleaning processes and evaluate new technologies and test method changes related to sterilization and microbiology He/she will be responsible for compliance to applicable Quality Regulations, ISO and AAMI standards.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Drive compliance of programs and procedures for microbiological activities (Sterilization, Environmental Controls).
- Monitor industry regulatory standards and guidance (AAMI/ ISO/ USP, EP, PDA,). Perform standard assessments as required and interpret requirements into site level programs. Represent Getinge in AAMI standard development committees.
- Support EUMDR and FDA product submission activities. Provide technical documentation and responses to notified bodies.
- Develop and implement strategies to internalize Microbiological and Environmental Monitoring testing programs
- Develop risk based approach methodologies to evaluate and continuously improve BET, bioburden, contamination control, and sterilization programs.
- Provide a technical resource for evaluating alternate sterilization technologies, contamination control, and process monitoring.
- Develop and refine strategies and methodologies for microbiological testing, cleaning validations.
- Collaborate with other Getinge sites to facilitate the harmonization of best practices and leveraging technologies across business units.
- Support the Merrimack QMS improvement initiatives related to Sterilization and Clean room processes including Risk Management updates
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or related field is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years or more experience managing microbiological studies in the medical device or pharmaceutical organization is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and experience in several of the following areas of competency: terminal sterilization, aseptic processing, VHP, clean room and contamination control, environmental monitoring microbiological methods and cleaning validation.
- Experience with ISO class 8 clean room operational and qualification principles. Experience with ISO class 5 clean room is preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of current industry standards related to sterilization and microbiology such as: 11135, 10993-7, 11137, 17655, 11737 , ST72, 14698, 14644 , 17141. Knowledge with biocompatibility 10993 series is a plus.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Microbiology principles, theories, concepts and laboratory methodologies.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Must have demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting technical results and summarizing these results in technical reports.
Supervision/Management of Others
- Responsible for the development and management programs related to sterilization and microbiology
Internal and External Contacts / Relationships
- Interacts with vendors and internal functional groups
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Ensure compliance to all FDA and Worldwide Quality & Compliance regulations (As applicable to the job function).
- Must have the education and experience to understand and comply with U.S. and Worldwide medical device regulations
- Attend all required Quality & Compliance training at the specified interval.
- Adopt the "Beyond Compliance Quality Culture" in the work environment; always meet and exceed requirements.
Environmental/Safety/Physical Work Conditions
- Ensures environmental consciousness and safe practices are exhibited in decisions.
- Use of computer and telephone equipment and other related office accessories/devices to complete assignments.
- Office and Cleanroom production environment.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Physical requirements include sitting for extended periods in an office environment and standing for extended periods in a cleanroom while fully gowned.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Getinge is on an excitingtransformation journey constantly looking for new ways to innovate together with our customersto meet the healthcare challenges of the future. Our passionatepeople hold our brand promise 'Passion for Life' close to heart.
Ifyoushareourpassionandbelievethatsavinglivesisthegreatestjobinthe world, thenwelook forwardtoreceivingyourapplication and resume. We hope you will join us on our journey to become the world's most respected and trusted MedTec company.
Benefits at Getinge:
At Getinge, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, which includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance benefits
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness initiative & Health Assistance Resources
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental and Caregiver Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Getinge Infection Control
Getinge Infection Control (GETINGE) is one out of three business areas within Getinge AB, a publicly-listed, Swedish-based group of companies. The Getinge Infection Control business area consists of two divisions; Healthcare and Life Science. For the Healthcare sector, GETINGE provides solutions for infection control whereas for the Life Science sector, GETINGE is a key provider of solutions for contamination prevention.
Worldwide, GETINGE ranks among the leading providers of disinfectors and sterilizers within the healthcare and life sciences segments. Since its foundation in 1904, Getinge Infection Control has stood for innovation and technological progress in the field of disinfection and sterilization. Together with the other two business areas, Extended Care (ARJOHUNTLEIGH) and Medical Systems (MAQUET), the entire Getinge Group focuses on state-of-the-art medical technology.
The Getinge Infection Control organization is to be found all over the world, with 36 subsidiaries on six continents and over 230 distributors and partner companies in sales and service representing Getinge Infection Control.