PEGA Developer - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA DC Washington - 810 7th St NW (DCC009)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ127504
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
US Citizenship Required:
GDIT's DOJ/OJP team is looking for a dynamic Pega Developers to join our agile teams. As part of our agile team, you will be working closely with other agile team members and Federal staff to implement Pega based grant case management system.
- Design, develop and support applications built on Pega Platforms in an agile environment.
- Collaborate with analysts in documenting and capturing software requirements in the form of epics, features, user stories, process models and use cases in an agile development environment.
- Work with customers at all levels of technical ability by assisting them in the customization and development of grant management system.
- Review existing documentation to understand system functionality and use that information to implement functionality in the modernized grant case management system.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing effective and efficient solutions that meet business requirements.
- Make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts in software, software development methodologies, lifecycle management, modeling, and simulation.
- Work on application using Pega PRPC 6.x, 7.x, 8.x, SOAP/REST, XML, Oracle etc.
- Experience in web design and development using HTML and Java is required.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and technical personnel.
- Must possess a working knowledge of browsers, editors
- 5+ years of developer experience (2+ years with Pega technologies)
- 3+ years working with teams in an Agile development environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Pega Certifications PCBA, CSA, or CSSA.
- Experience with PowerShell and Unix shell scripting and Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment.
- Contract Requires US Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Agency specific Public Trust clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!