Sr. Store Protection Specialist (Sr. SPS) - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The Senior Store Protection Specialist works in partnership with the Store Manager (SM), Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) and Ross Investigative & Safety Center (RISC) to mitigate external theft in Stores by providing service to customers demonstrating the intent to cause loss and coordinating with law enforcement to resolve external theft incidents and trespass known theft subjects from Stores.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Partners with ALPM and RISC to monitor Store and Corporate level reporting to identify possible external theft activity and trends in store
- Monitors entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behaviors and activity
- Identifies and interacts with Customers exhibiting behaviors that demonstrate the intent to cause loss or commit fraud
- Identifies theft indicators and utilizes intelligence to validate external theft incidents
- Reports and provides supporting evidence of external theft incidents to ALPM and RISC
- Upon approval from the ALPM, responsible for coordinating with law enforcement to resolve external theft incidents
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Partners with local law enforcement to respond to safety and security incidents
- Practices safe behaviors when interacting with Customers and Associates
- Alerts management to safety hazards and risks observed (i.e. blocked emergency exits, blocked electrical panels, etc.)
- Responsible for coordinating with law enforcement to issue and enforce trespasses with prior approval
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Alerts management to observed operational gaps driving external theft (i.e. fitting room, front end, building security, etc.)
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Regularly communicates and provides detailed incident recaps to ALPM and RISC
- Builds partnership and collaborates with local law enforcement to resolve external theft cases upon approval
- Partners and collaborates with store leadership and operational partners. May include, but not limited to, feedback, conference calls, meetings, store visits, etc.
- Executes other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Leading by Example
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Communicates Effectively
- Building Talent
- Ensures Accountability and Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners including law enforcement
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with associates at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve with the proper sense of urgency
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing as required
- Ability to make quality judgment in little to no response time
- Experience in Loss prevention, security, or retail preferred
- Candidates with current and valid security guard registration card preferred
- Successful completion of Senior Store Protection Specialist training, as applicable, can act as an advantage
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
Must be able to raise or lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs, from one level to another (includes upward pulling)
Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, or crouch (frequency and duration will vary per daily business need)
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see and observe physical behavior and information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.