Regional Environmental Practice Leader - Planning and Permitting - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Principal Consultant/Pacific Northwest Practice Leader to grow our Planning, Permitting, and Licensing team located primarily in the Pacific Northwest
This Pacific Northwest Environmental Practice Leader position will serve the Planning, Permitting and Licensing practice and collaborate with other practices and sectors within TRC. This position will be involved in a wide variety of energy-related projects including electric transmission, natural gas pipeline, renewable energy (wind/solar/storage), transportation, infrastructure, and other development projects.
Our Planning, Permitting, and Licensing Practice, within the Environment business sector, delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in renewable energy development, manufacturing and industry, natural gas delivery and storage, power generation and delivery, and transportation infrastructure projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Development of renewable energy siting/licensing petition and application information, logistical and financial management of projects and tasks, and leading and supporting local, state, and federal permitting and siting efforts. Candidate must demonstrate strong knowledge of state and county permitting processes for energy projects, including the State of Washington Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council (EFSEC) process, Experience with the requirements of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) is essential.
- Responsible for ongoing regional growth, leadership and operation of TRC’s Planning, Permitting and Licensing business through client development and business development and, by providing direction on major project pursuits and general marketing.
- Address EIR and EIS requirements of the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
- Have a significant role in maintaining quality and profitability on TRC’s projects, as well as assisting with managing and developing the skill-sets of Project Managers and other employees and resources to ensure our projects are executed with a high level of efficiency and technical excellence.
- Possess strong verbal, written, presentation and excellent client management skills; demonstrated ability leading and managing complex projects; as well as being goal oriented, quality focused, and have demonstrated success with creating and fostering a team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Planning, Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, or related field, and 10 to 15 years of post-degree experience in permitting, siting, planning, and/or project management.
- The successful candidate will have staff management responsibilities and work closely with the existing management to grow the TRC team.
- Strong ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Technical writing and communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to manage scope, schedule, budget, and project profitability while meeting client needs.
- Applicants must have experience permitting projects at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Able to effectively coordinate field work, direct and support other technical staff, and interact with clients, stakeholders and contractors.
- Able to work productively with state and county agencies involved with energy project permitting.
- Able to address EIR and EIS requirements of the Washington State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
- Preference will be given to applicants with Pacific Northwest experience, federal Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act experience, biological and/or cultural resources, planning, and/or socioeconomics experience, including experience addressing WA SEPA, USACE Section 404, 10 and 408, Section 401, NEPA, FERC, EFSB, DPU, and municipal planning and zoning.
- Preference will also be given to applicants that have experience working on energy, transportation, and solar projects, as well as solid experience with Washington and Oregon state and local permitting and siting.
- Successful applicants will be able to interact in the field with clients, contractors, and environmental agency representatives.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and deliver exceptional client service and leadership, while sometimes working under aggressive schedules and controversial projects.
- TRC’s strategic clients operate in the utility, conventional and renewable energy, transportation and oil and gas sectors.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.