Archaeological Field Technician - Military Veterans
at TRC Companies, Inc.
TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC Companies, Inc., is seeking an Archaeological Field Technicianto join our Permitting, Planning and Licensing Practice in the Pittsburgh, PA office. We are looking for an individual enthusiastic about his/her work with a strong commitment to client service and technical excellence.
This is a part-time/as-needed position with the opportunity for full-time employment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of working alongside others in a fast-paced environment and of helping to develop effective solutions to both expected and unexpected project challenges.
- The position will require regular travel away from home and some projects may require overtime and/or extended work days and work weeks.
- Candidates will be required to walk long distances and perform physically demanding tasks in varying environments and conditions (i.e. steep terrain, heat, cold).
- Employment with TRC is subject to the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A BA degree in Anthropology or a related field
- Some archaeological field experience inthe Southeast and/or Midwestpreferred but not necessary
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work closely with others as part of a larger project team
- A commitment to quality and safety
- A strong work ethic
- Three professional references with contact information (include with resume)
- Candidates are required to successfully pass a drug test prior to employment or within five working days from date of hire in addition to a pre-employment background check, physical and motor vehicle records check
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website athttp://www.trccompanies.com.
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time. TRC’s nearly 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results. TRC is ranked #20 on ENR’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States. Learn more at TRCcompanies.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.