Manager, Investor and Media Relations - Military Veterans
at Ross Stores, Inc.
Our values start with our people, join a team that values you!
We are the nation’s largest off-price retailer with over 2,000 stores, and a strong track record of success and growth. Our focus has always been bringing our customers a constant stream of high-quality brands and on-trend merchandise at extraordinary savings. All while providing a fun and exciting treasure hunt experience.
As part of our team, you will experience:
- Success. Our winning team pursues excellence while learning and evolving
- Career growth. We develop industry leading talent because Ross grows when our people grow
- Teamwork. We work together to solve the hard problems and find the right solution
- Our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and our community. We celebrate the backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us because our differences make us stronger. We strive to be a positive force in our community.
Our Corporate headquarters are in Dublin, CA, we have 3 buying offices in key markets in New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, and 7 distribution centers nationwide. With 2022 revenues of $18.7 billion, we are a Fortune 500 company who is committed to providing an inclusive work environment with continuous learning opportunities and development for our teams.
Come see what’s in store: https://jobs.rossstores.com/creative/aboutGENERAL PURPOSE:
The Investor & Media Relations Manager will be responsible for executing certain aspects of the company's investor-related programs, including: assisting with the preparation of earnings and board related materials, tracking consensus estimates and analysts' research reports, keeping abreast of competitive landscape, maintaining database of management interactions with the investment community, tracking stock prices, and analyzing shareholder base. This individual will have a high level of exposure to the company's executive team and report directly to the Vice President, Investor & Media Relations.
The base salary range for this role is $102,500 - $156,350. The base salary range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
• Contributing to the drafting and review of quarterly earnings and board-related materials including analysis/tracking of sales, earnings, margins, ratios, stock price performance, competitor trends, and industry developments. Assisting with ad-hoc requests from management based on business needs, including analyses of financial and competitor data.
• Understand the details / drivers behind key P&L lines (sales, gross margin, inventory, etc.) and make adjustments to reflect updated information.
• Managing database of interactions with the analyst and investment community and reporting on quarterly changes in share ownership to senior management. Also responsible for analyzing shareholder information to help assist with developing an annual IR marketing plan.
• Monitor and prepare reports on relevant data impacting company, peers, and industry. This includes daily stock price movements with updates to senior leaders, consensus estimates, sales trends across retail peers, and relevant government data impacting the consumer space.
• Other responsibilities include managing the investor relations website and mailbox, and collaborating with Marketing and Property Development on external media releases.
• Building Effective Teams (for managers of People and Projects)
• Developing Talent (for managers of people only, N/A for this role/level)
• Leading by Example
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Organizational Agility
With particular emphasis on the following specific position-related competencies:
• Adaptable to Changing Priorities
• Trustworthy with Confidential Information
• Analysis and Judgment
• Sense of Urgency
• Problem Solving
• Attention to Detail
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor Degree in accounting, business, finance, economics preferred
• Strong finance background, solid understanding of finance and financial statements. Analytical and experience in performing analyses on financial and competitive data
• 5+ years of business experience, interest in investor relations and financial markets
• Interest in capital markets and/or experience investing in stocks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to learn multiple back end software applications (i.e., Hyperion, Factset)
• Impeccable ethics, the ability to think independently; effective at communicating and educating others cross-functionally
• Strong planning, organizational, and execution skills with attention to detail and accuracy in all work performed
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively interacts and communicate inside and outside of the Department
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently in a fast-paced environment
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. This position requires the ability to use a computer, work as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work. #LI-Hybrid
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.