System Engineer (NiFi) -TS/SCI w/ Poly Required - Military Veterans
at General Dynamics
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA McLean - Customer Proprietary (VAC036)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ122358
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Adobe Professional, Apache NiFi, CentOS, Docker (Software), Linux
5 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required:
We are GDIT. We stay at the forefront of innovation to solve complex technical challenges.
GDIT is your place. Make it your own by discovering new ways to securely and expertly apply the latest technology. Own your opportunity at GDIT and you'll be a meaningful part of improving how agencies operate. Our work depends on a Senior Systems Engineer joining our team to support our client activities in McLean, VA.
The Infrastructure Team Member will be responsible for the implementation, support, documentation, and maintenance of all aspects of the project's Apache NiFi infrastructure. The NiFi infrastructure operates on Linux VMs in a VMware environment, and it interfaces with dozens of other data storage systems, services, and endpoints.
- Designing and building data flows in Apache NiFi (including data movement, tagging, routing, and some transformation/conversion).
- Recurring operations and maintenance activities (monitor health of existing NiFi flows and troubleshoot NiFi operations and interfaces).
- Assisting multiple development teams with creating new data flows, tuning existing flows to improve performance, integrating with external web services and APIs, and developing supportable systems through automation and notifications.
- Project based development, implementation, and documentation of NiFi systems and capabilities (Security enhancements, Resource Monitoring and Notification, Dev/Ops Automation, Clustering, etc.)
- Participating in and conducting applicable accreditation support (scans, automation, auditing, etc.) of NiFi on Linux systems.
- Providing general Linux system administration guidance and support to multiple development teams.
- The successful candidate must be able to work well both in a team setting and individually on project based tasks and have direct experience in the following:
Requirements and Qualifications:
- TS/SCI with polygraph
- BS Degree AND 5 years of demonstrated relevant work experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with Apache NiFi installation, configuration, deployment, and operations. Prior experience in NiFi data flow design and NiFi cluster administration.
- Working knowledge of common data formats, languages, and transforms such as XML, XPATH, XSLT, JSON, JPATH, AVRO, CSV, and HTML.
- Working knowledge of regular expressions (e.g. Java RegEx or perl), data queueing protocols (e.g. Kafka, MQueue), Amazon Web Services (SQS, SNS, S3), and NiFi Expression Language.
- Prior experience in securing data transmission with PKI certificates including requesting, signing, installing, and renewing certificates for applications and operating systems using Java Keytool and/or OpenSSH.
- Strong documentation skills using common collaboration/wiki tools such as Confluence and drawing tools such as Visio.
- Prior experience as a Unix/Linux Systems Administrator of Linux, preferably RHEL/CentOS (installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting).
- Prior experience with one or more scripting tools: Shell, Perl/CGI, Python, Ruby.
- Prior experience with SQL querying of a relational database, such as MySQL.
- Prior experience with NOSQL indexes and tools such as ElasticSearch and Kibana.
- Managing and monitoring Linux server resources in a VMWare/VSphere environment.
- Prior experience setting up Docker clusters using Swarm and or Kubernetes.
- Prior experience with git for Infrastructure code management.
- Prior experience with LDAP integration and management of Linux groups, accounts and servers.
- Prior experience with Linux configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet and/or Ansible.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Rewards program for high-performing employees
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Mc Lean, VA
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!