Program Director - Military Veterans
at Parsons Corporation
Req #: R128073
- SA - Riyadh
Demand for efficient and safe rail transit is at an all-time high! Since 1944, Parsons has set the standard for safe, effective, and reliable rail and transit systems around the globe. Partnering with more than 400 transit agencies, we have worked on EVERY major transit system in North America and many of the most renowned systems overseas!
We are looking for a strong Program Director to oversee our Civil/Structural Rail/Transit projects in Saudi Arabia. This team focuses on design/construction in the following areas: Rail stations/facilities, Bus Facilities, Track Design, Rail Bridges and other civil/structural components related to rail. In this role you will be providing input into proposals and providing design direction on major projects. We are looking for a great leader to join our team; one that inspires loyalty and commitment and knows how to deliver leading-edge rail projects.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the assigned project
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates. Field responsibilities may include labor relations, local procurement and payroll operations, etc., if required
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work
- Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers
- Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work
- Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule
- Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field)
- 25+ years of related work experience, including supervisory/managerial experience
- 15+ years experience in Rail projects.
- Significant managerial experience of a large group of Engineers, Designers, and technical support personnel
- Professional Engineer registration with active membership in a professional engineering society may be required
- Proven ability for managing a large group of engineering/technical personnel
- Directing work involving complex technical situations
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignment
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
Riyadh, Riyadh Province
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on transportation, environmental/infrastructure, and defense/security.