Metrology Technician - multiple openings at various experience levels - Military Veterans
at Applied Materials
This is great opportunity to learn about metrology and calibrate measuring instruments, test equipment and analyze their performance. You’ll collaborate with peer technicians, engineers, and scientists to effectively produce high quality modules.
- Prepares samples for experiments include cleaning samples, mount / un-mount samples, loading Foups, prepare jobs for experimentation, to help evaluates performance of process system
- Prepare cross section samples for scanning electron microscope (SEM) analysis and help / guide requestor to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
- Prepare transmission electron microscope (TEM) lamella samples by focused ion beam (FIB) and help to optimize sample prep procedure and conditions, identify cutting location based on pattern instructions.
- Transfer TEM lamella from FIB, and image TEM samples
- Operate metrology tools in metrology lab to help understand cross section or top view critical dimension (CD), energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) analysis, take high-quality imaging pending on job assignment, identify all of patterns of interest, understand image quality requirement and sample/beam interaction to determine optimized condition, finish requested jobs under limited supervision after training.
- Understand basic scanning electron microscopy (SEM)/Focused Ion Beam (FIB)/Transmission electron microscopy (TEM) principle.
- Perform SEM/FIB/TEM system, perform routine maintenance procedures, flash, plasma clean, image calibrations etc.
- Perform routine shut down procedure. Identify problem put tool down and call for service. Coordinates instrument repair and maintenance.
- Order equipment and supplies, and coordinates with vendors and purchasing.
- Interface with requestors, understand their detail requirement, and communicate on results, Coordinates with engineering on job request status.
- Help lab on monitoring job in the queue and maintaining lab throughput.
- Document redo and lesson learn to lower redo rate
- Pick up and drop off customer coupons from other labs if needed
- Adhere to lab protocol and SOPs
- Has developed proficiency in a range of analytical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
- Has a good understanding of how the team integrates with others to achieve objectives
- May provide informal guidance and support to junior team members, lead/own a lab project etc
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures, create SOPs if applicable
- Uses communication skills to regularly exchange information
- Technical Diploma Skills Certifications
Years of Experience:
1 - 2 Years
U.S. Salary Range:
$24.40 - $33.50
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Santa Clara, CA
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!