Electrical Engineer - Military Veterans
at Carmeuse Americas
The Electrical Engineer position is a dual role position that supports capital projects during the conceptual design, engineering review, construction, and commissioning phases and also is our subject area resource for electrical systems in the company. Projects will be located at all of our American operations (USA, Canada and other countries in South America). The Electrical Engineer participates in cross functional teams to improve technical knowledge, effectiveness, and results.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provides technical advice on equipment selection, configuration and troubleshooting of power electrical systems that includes transformers, switchgear, MCC's, starters, VFD's, motors and feeders.
- Works with Operations/Process/Project Management Teams in development of the Project Electrical and Engineering Scope of Work, Estimations, Specifications, Control Narratives and Conceptual Design.
- Contributes as subject area resource in a variety of electrical engineering areas providing support for systems design, engineering reviews, root-cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Assist and advise Carmeuse Americas in a variety of electrical engineering functions including analysis of power loading, device coordination, arc flash safety, energy use, short circuit studies, etc.
- Reviews and approves work of outside engineering consultants including flow diagrams, single-line drawings, P&ID's, schematics, general arrangement drawings, specifications, RFQs, bid evaluations, vendor drawings, as-built drawings and manuals.
- Assist Operations with process control systems by troubleshooting and propose projects to improve performance, including instrumentation selection, data networks, Wonderware HMI's, PLC operations, instrumentation and other electrical systems and recommend cost effective solutions and repairs.
- Direct and coordinate internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Commissioning of electrical systems. Receive systems from vendors ensuring the scope is fulfilled and the functionality and documentation are complete.
- Meet Carmeuse expectations with a focus on safety, environmental compliance, equipment reliability, and cost control
- Implement consistent internal goals and tasks for Carmeuse Americas operations.
- Interface with equipment and system integration vendors including expediting documentation and deliveries.
- Support training initiatives like the apprentice program and Electrical safety training.
- Ensure that electrical systems at Carmeuse perform with a high degree of safety and reliability and comply with safety, environmental and engineering codes.
- Comply with Carmeuse safety, environmental, construction and engineering standards.
- Meet or exceed agreed upon goals and targets of a performance management plan on a consistent basis.
- Meet the end users expectations with a focus on functional effectiveness, long term reliability and ease of maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering; or Associates degree in engineering with applicable experience
- 8+ years of experience in electrical, instrumentation, preferably in the lime/cement/bulk material handling industry; project engineering is a plus.
- Experience with industrial power tasks like power factor correction, grounding, motor tests, power quality, electrical protection settings, VFD configuration, instrument calibration, etc.
- Proficiency with the National Electrical Code and other NFPA Electrical Standards and Recommended Practices; familiarity with basic MSHA and EPA regulations;
- Proficiency with process control instrumentation, calibration, and troubleshooting; familiarity with various HMI and PLC programs, in particular Wonderware and ControlLogix.
- Detail and process oriented with strong problem resolution abilities; ability to use root-cause analysis to troubleshoot electrical systems including medium and low voltage distribution systems, starters, motors and VFD's.
- Ability to travel up to 35% domestically with some international travel and could include extended assignments during critical construction and start-up periods.
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Salary range for this position is $110k-$120k as well as an annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it's a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company's most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
About the Team
You will be part of Carmeuse Americas, a Rock-Star team of 2500 workers and employees bringing with them their own culture and specific needs. The Americas headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA and have over three dozen production facilities across the Eastern U.S., Canada, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia.
Carmeuse Americas is a leading manufacturer of lime and limestone products used in a variety of applications, and benefits the environment by providing cleaner air, safer water and improved soil characteristics. Founded in 1860, Carmeuse is a privately owned Belgian company evolving from a calcium-based mineral provider into a company that continues to add integrated services. Carmeuse and its subsidiaries offer equipment and engineering services to optimize our customers’ processes, improve safety, and provide reliable supply. Solutions provided through Carmeuse span across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction, site development, building materials, water and wastewater treatment, agriculture, and more. Subsidiaries and partnerships of Carmeuse Americas include: Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), Mintek Resources, Inc., Yager Materials, Oxidos do Brasil, Rio Cal S.A.S., and Cal Arco Iris.