Mechatronics Engineer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking a mechatronics systems engineer interested in working on projects such as aerospace ground support equipment and flight hardware, industrial machines, entertainment equipment, robotics, and electromechanical design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering analysis project work with an emphasis on the application of mechatronics.
- Be able to develop prototype systems which may include mechanical and electrical part development and assembly.
- Mechanical part design and manufacture (acquisition or fabrication of mechanical parts, 3D printing)
- Electrical circuit design and construction (acquisition or fabrication of PCBs, soldering, AC/DC power, chassis design, and assemblies)
- Understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Work closely with engineers in other disciplines, such as controls engineers, structural engineers, test engineers, and mechanical/structural designers.
- Provide clients with results that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
The ideal candidate would have all of the following skills. A highly motivated but less-experienced candidate interested in learning these skills would also be considered.
- M.S. degree or higher in Engineering (preferably Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical) with an excellent academic record and/or work experience.
- Experience with mechanical design software like NX, SolidWorks, or similar.
- Experience with PCB design using software like Autodesk Eagle or similar.
- Willing to travel and occasionally work at customer sites, as needed.
- Must be a US Person.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $70,000-$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000-$275,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.