Applications Engineer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
ATA Engineering, 13290 Evening Creek Drive South, San Diego, California 92128
ATA is seeking an Applications Engineer with interest in business development and software. A mechanical engineering background with a sociable and outgoing interpersonal skill set is critical to the success of the candidate. The ideal candidate will also have engineering experience with CAD and CAE software tools such as NX, Femap, and Simcenter Nastran. A dynamic, entrepreneurial individual technically proficient in mechanical engineering with an interest or experience in technical sales and marketing is imperative. Experience with and interest in engineering graphics, image and video editing, programming, and website management are desirable. The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing an annual marketing and sales plan consistent with company strategy, goals, and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement pipeline processes for lead generation, qualification and closure
- Assume a supporting role in identifying, developing, shaping, and closing software opportunities to achieve ATA's business revenue and profit goals while maintaining ATA's standards of excellent customer service
- Organize and develop software-related marketing materials for customer and internal use
- Develop technical software tutorials and videos to increase customer interest
- Host on-site and online seminars and execute live software demonstrations which display the technical capabilities of various software programs including Femap, NX CAE, and Simcenter Nastran
- Identify customers' software problems and provide technical software support
- Provide account management support for new and existing customers:
- Identify and build relationships with customers at multiple organizational levels
- Expand knowledge of ATA throughout the client organization
- Coordinate with ATA's account managers to proactively identify other needs that ATA can address to develop new, non-software business opportunities
- Expand ATA presence to other client divisions, suppliers, and partners
- Contribute to the development of future marketing strategies for ATA's value-added reseller business, products, and services:
- Expand awareness of ATA's mission, values, and services in the marketplace
- Participate in industry functions and trade shows in support of the business development team's goals
- Maintain software specific website for marketing and lead-generation:
- Regularly update website with new content
- Manage creation of high-value content by ATA employees
- Learn ATA's products and services, management, staff, and company culture to provide customer service that meets ATA's high standards of excellence:
- Become familiar with recent and current projects in relevant ATA technical disciplines
- Develop a thorough understanding of the technical requirements for business opportunities
- Participate in ATA sales team meetings and planning sessions and coordinate selling activities with the team
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering from an accredited college/university with an excellent academic record
- Strong technical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Engineering experience with CAD and CAE software tools such as NX, Femap, and Simcenter Nastran
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be a US Person
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $70,000-$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000-$275,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.