Composite Materials Analysis Engineer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
Composite Materials Analysis Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
ATA is seeking an engineer interested in applying analytical skills to conduct both research and applied project work involving the design and engineering of systems incorporating advanced composite materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform aerospace and mechanical engineering analysis project work with emphasis on solving problems requiring expertise in analysis of composite material systems using advanced CAD/CAE software. Applications may include polymer, ceramic, carbon, or metallic matrix composites used in aerospace, defense, industrial, and consumer products.
- Participate in and lead IRAD and sponsored research (e.g., SBIR/STTR) in development of novel composite material models and analytic methods.
- Write proposals, technical reports, and papers.
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Prepare and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- Analysis specialties may include one or more of the following categories:
- Unidirectional composites
- Woven composites
- Fiber and matrix constituent materials
- Prediction of laminate strength and statistical distribution
- Application of machine learning algorithms to material characterization
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Structural Engineering, or Materials Science with excellent academic record.
- Knowledge of composite material theory and engineering, including laminate theory and anisotropic elasticity, composite strength and failure theories, static and dynamic stress analyses, buckling, vibrations and impact, and thermoelastic response.
- Experience with finite element analysis software.
- Knowledge of composite material testing standards and processes.
- Background with ceramic matrix and carbon/carbon composites preferred.
- Experience with the following a plus:
- Programming in Python, Fortran, MATLAB
- Abaqus, NX, ANSYS
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be a US Person and eligible to access government and Department of Defense classified facilities.
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $70,000-$155,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $125,000-$275,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.