Aerospace Analysis Engineer - Military Veterans
at ATA Engineering Inc.
Aerospace Analysis Engineer
This position is available in all of our locations. If you have a preferred location please specify when you apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform aerospace and electromechanical engineering analysis project work with emphasis on solving problems in structural dynamics and vibroacoustic analysis using advanced CAD/CAE software. Typical applications include launch vehicles, spacecraft, aircraft, and electromechanical systems.
- Write proposals, technical reports and papers. Analysis specialties may include one or more of the following categories:
- Vibroacoustics, using statistical energy analysis (SEA), finite element analysis (FEA), or boundary element methods
- Aeroelasticity or flutter
- Model correlation to test data
- Linear and nonlinear simulation
- Multibody dynamics and kinematics
- Random analysis
- Dynamic environments definition
- Fatigue analysis
- Coupled loads analysis
- Component mode synthesis
- Participate in and lead IRAD and sponsored research (e.g., SBIR/STTR)
- Provide results to clients that satisfy quality, cost, timing, and other project specifications.
- Write journal articles and give oral presentations to clients and at technical conferences.
- Work with other technical teams at ATA, including design and test.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Structural Engineering with excellent academic record.
- Willingness to travel and work at client sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Nastran, NX, Femap, MATLAB, Python, Abaqus, Ansys, Wave6, VA One, or other CAE tools preferred.
- Candidate must be a US Person and eligible to access ITAR data.
- Entry-Mid Career Level: $80,000-$165,000 per year
- Manager/Director Level: $145,000-$285,000 per year
We appreciate your interest in ATA Engineering and request that you submit the following materials if you are qualified and wish to join our team of employee-owners at ATA Engineering:
- A current résumé or CV.
- A copy of your up-to-date college transcripts. You may email them, or request that an official transcript be sent directly to the address below. If your transcript contains identifying information such as Social Security Number and/or date of birth, please delete this information prior to submitting your transcripts.
- A statement confirming that you meet the definition of a US person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15.
Email all documents to [email protected]
Or mail them to:
Manager, Human Resources
ATA Engineering, Inc.
13290 Evening Creek Drive South
San Diego, CA 92128
ATA Engineering, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact an ATA Engineering, Inc., Human Resources Representative at [email protected].
San Diego, CA
ATA Engineering, Inc. (ATA) provides innovative solutions through test- and analysis-driven design by focusing on the engineering needs of manufacturers in addressing their cost, quality, and time-to-market challenges for mechanical and aerospace systems. We use testing and analysis coupled with computer-aided engineering and mechanical engineering software to solve problems in the aerospace, entertainment, industrial, biomedical, and consumer products industries. We are experts in applying advanced mechanical engineering software to design, test and analyze mechanical engineering structures.