Amentum is looking for a Janitor to join our team in Andros Island, Bahamas! As a Janitor, you will be a vital member of the janitorial shop team reporting to the Facilities Maintenance Manager and is responsible for providing professional janitorial service within commercial office and industrial building sites. This position is offered to Bahamian citizens only.
- Performs high/low dusting, vacuuming, disinfecting, spot cleaning, and trash removal.
- Washes windows, walls, as needed.
- Cleans restroom facilities and restocks paper & wash products for use by facility patrons.
- Replenishes supplies as needed.
- Operates floor cleaning, waxing, and polishing equipment, as well as various wet/dry vacuum cleaner models.
- Inspect all equipment for proper operation.
- Sweep, mop, and/or scrub hallways and stairs.
- Observes, identifies, and reports any potential safety hazards to Supervisor for resolution.
- Responds to customer questions and complaints to ensure positive resolution.
- Recommends and implements improved work methods and procedures.
- Ensures all safety policies and procedures are enforced.
- Performs related duties as assigned and required.
This position is reserved for Bahamian citizens only.
Must be a citizen of the Bahamas.
- Two years of job-related experience.
- Must have ability to read, interpret and apply instructions, publications, and safety rules.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Amentum brings industry-best expertise, processes, and technology to ensure the availability and reliability of our Government and commercial clients’ vital facilities and equipment. We apply our culture of excellence to operate, maintain, and manage your global assets and complex supply chains to meet modern challenges at home and abroad. You get the confidence that comes from a partner with on a century-long heritage of unrelenting dedication to our clients’ missions across the DoD, civilian agencies, and the IC.
We are looking for skilled Veterans interested in continuing your career in aviation, global logistics, IT and Network support, and also unmanned systems.
We currently have positions open nationwide and globally to include: Kuwait, Iraq, and other overseas locations!
Amentum’s skilled workforce lives with outcomes rather than just works on them. Our employees hold the most sought-after certifications in the industry, including Program Management Professional (PMP), IT/Cyber, ITIL, and Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Our teams who maintain and modify vehicles, aircraft, and weapons systems work within disciplined environments certified to AS9001D, ISO 9001:2015, AS9110B, and AS9100C standards.
Whether it’s managing facilities supporting the IC’s classified missions, operating UAVs that protect our soldiers, or maintaining military equipment at remote bases abroad, Amentum has the experience, passion, and commitment to meet your critical needs.
What happens after I apply?
First, you will want to ensure your RecruitMilitary profile is up to date, and you also have the most up to date resume to provide. Once you apply for the role you will be re-directed to complete your employment application on Amentum's career site. Once you complete that application a recruiter will review your skills and qualifications and reach out to you about the role as appropriate.