Engineering Project Manager - Military Veterans
at Carmeuse Americas
The Corporate Project Manager (PM) is responsible to plan, direct and coordinate all phases of execution of assigned capital and major maintenance projects, from Project Initiation through Project Closeout, including engineering, procurement, construction and start-up. The PM works with the Operations Team to develop the CAPEX Plan, including identifying full Project Scope and Budget. The PM ensures the Objectives of Projects are completed within prescribed Scope, Schedule, Cost and Quality constraints. The PM coordinates all Project activity with the Operations Team to ensure that Project Plans are consistent with Operational constraints, such as planned maintenance activity and outages. The PM provides strategic project management expertise and guidance. The PM manages all projects using the Carmeuse project management process and complies with all requirements while ensuring conformance to all regulations and policies regarding safety and environmental
- Serves as the Project Team Leader on large capital projects and is responsible for executing the overall Project according to Scope, Schedule, Cost and Quality constraints.
- Works with Operations Team in development of the Project Scope and Conceptual Design.
- Develops an overall Project Execution Plan, including identifying required resources, communications plan, procurement plan, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Coordinates with the Operations Team to ensure that Project Plans are consistent with Operational constraints, such as planned maintenance activity and outages.
- Responsible for on-going overall Project Monitoring and Control, including Project Cost Control, Forecasting, Schedule updates and Reporting.
- Facilitates Project Change Management.
- Coordinates Project Status with Project Management Office, including Forecasts and Project Change Management.
- Collaborates with Area Buyer and Production ensuring efficient project procurement practices.
- Collaborates with Corporate Capital Procurement Manager in developing a procurement plan for projects.
- Provides Procurement Manager with bid packages and jointly performs bid evaluations.
- Effectively executes and complies with all phases of the Carmeuse project management process.
- Directs and coordinates internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Manages outside engineering companies and contractors either directly or through construction managers.
- Manages process of project completion, acceptance and closure.
- Works with Sales, Operations, and Maintenance to maintain customer requirements while implementing projects.
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor of Engineering or related field.
- 8+ years project engineering management experience within an industrial environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly internally and externally
- Experience executing Projects in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong engineering skills.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem resolution abilities.
- Demonstrable team work and maturity with a strong work ethic.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time outside the base office to multiple locations in the US and Canada including possible travel overseas
Benefits & Compensation Package Includes:
- Annual salary range for this position is $130k- $145k as well as an annual bonus plan
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Group medical/pharmacy insurance options with company funded health care spending accounts
- Dental insurance & Vision insurance
- A 401k account with company matching contribution
- A robust Wellness program with financial rewards
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Options to purchase additional life insurance (employee, spouse, and child) and additional employee long-term disability insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition benefits including professional certifications
- Employee referral program
READY TO JOIN A ROCK-SOLID FAMILY?
Carmeuse started out as a small family-run business in Belgium.
Today it's a leading global producer of lime, high calcium limestone and dolomitic stone. Its products are essential to energy producers, environmental services, construction and manufacturing.
With over 90 production facilities spread across almost every continent, and over 4,500 employees working at Carmeuse every day, the company's most treasured resources are its people.
Carmeuse is dedicated to maintaining a workplace that fosters equal opportunity and creates a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require particular assistance with any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you can submit your request by sending an email to email@example.com. This option is reserved for people requiring adaptation due to a disability. The information received will be processed by Carmeuse and then directed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure the proper consideration of the application or hiring process.
About the Team
You will be part of Carmeuse Americas, a Rock-Star team of 2500 workers and employees bringing with them their own culture and specific needs. The Americas headquarters are located in Pittsburgh, PA and have over three dozen production facilities across the Eastern U.S., Canada, Chile, Brazil, and Colombia.
Carmeuse Americas is a leading manufacturer of lime and limestone products used in a variety of applications, and benefits the environment by providing cleaner air, safer water and improved soil characteristics. Founded in 1860, Carmeuse is a privately owned Belgian company evolving from a calcium-based mineral provider into a company that continues to add integrated services. Carmeuse and its subsidiaries offer equipment and engineering services to optimize our customers’ processes, improve safety, and provide reliable supply. Solutions provided through Carmeuse span across a wide range of industries including steel manufacturing, power generation, road construction, site development, building materials, water and wastewater treatment, agriculture, and more. Subsidiaries and partnerships of Carmeuse Americas include: Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), Mintek Resources, Inc., Yager Materials, Oxidos do Brasil, Rio Cal S.A.S., and Cal Arco Iris.