Assistant Service Manager - Military Veterans
at Pep Boys
Pay Rate: Min: $16.50/Hour - Max: $22.37/Hour
Support the service and tire team under the direction of the Manager, Store Service. Assist in driving sales across service labor, parts, tires, and fleet business and you provide essential selling and task support by partnering with management to make certain that the service repair business is organized, store operations are running efficiently, and shop productivity is maintained to company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Store Manager of Service, assists in various aspects of customer care, work order and register assistance, facility maintenance, and merchandising activities, including tire related stocking. Ensure that service equipment is in proper working order and housekeeping standards are followed according to SSC direction and instruction.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to all point of sale (POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics, cash, credit, check, refund and return policies and purchase for re-sale parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment practices.
- Work with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Drives sales goals for the service center operation, both through personal engagement with customers and by observing and coaching the advisors on their customer interactions.
- Assist the Store Manager of Service in training and coaching service selling associates on "Pep Boys Customer Care Process," Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general operation of store systems. Performs CVIs and other service-related tasks as qualified and directed.
- Assist in monitoring the shop productivity, workflow, and procedures with an emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and safety. Help with the day-to-day operations of the back shop, such as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs through associate observations.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and health work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates with all store associates, management, and customers.
- In the absence of any management, the Assistant Service Manager will act as the primary supervisor for the store staff, observing and coordinating operational activities.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Maintain an organized and neat shop.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety and environmental rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience in automotive service environment.
- One year of automotive service sales experience preferred.
- Valid Driver's License .
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Acted as a work lead or supervisor previously.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout over 900 locations. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.