Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Cloud Architect to join our team in Rockville, MD to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide subject matter expertise to the Agency on a range of cloud service implementation, migration, delivery, and performance management activities.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
The Senior Cloud Architect shall directly support the development of specific compute, storage, network, security, and other architectures and designs required for the Agency’s continuing adoption of cloud services. The Senior Cloud Architect shall possess:
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure operations approaches and principles.
- Direct experience implementing cloud management solutions to automate service use and monitoring.
- Experience designing, configuring, and optimizing use of cloud services and related network connection mechanisms to support an organization’s infrastructure and application services requirements.
- Experience supporting changes to development, testing, deployment, and configuration management processes consistent with a DevOps approach.
- Experience evaluating service designs and alternatives to achieve an organization’s desired balance of performance, risk, and cost.
- Experience in analyzing /assessing existing environments- infrastructure/applications.
- Experience in developing cloud migration plans.
- Experience migration of existing infrastructure/application through both lift and shift and continuous work load migration.
- Experience Cloud automation scripts and notification/alerts system.
- Experience in VPC,EC2,S3, Subnet/Route tables/ACLs, Cloud foundation.
- Experience Cloud base DR/COOP experience.
- Experience in identifying and troubleshooting cloud service events and issues as well as working with cloud service providers to efficiently solve issues or implement workarounds.
- Quick adoptive capability in learning third party tools in cloud migration and monitoring tools.
- Experience cloud administration and operations support
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Knowledge of cloud architecture and cloud services providers, particularly FedRAMP JAB certified (Azure, AWS, etc.)
Experience with in migration tools processes and issues
Experience with Data repatriation
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant work experience.
Azure direct connect and MS Enterprise Device Management (EMM), MS Office 365 E5 implementation experienced desired
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.