Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Java Full Stack/Mobile Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will be building mobile applications using multi-device development frameworks such as Cordova and with native iOS and Android platforms.
- Experience building rich Internet applications on a Java technology stack.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Manage multiple assignments independently, and provide technical expertise/mentoring to a larger team.
- Primary responsibilities will be designing, testing and building end-to-end mobile or web applications (native and/or hybrid) using AngularJS, Ajax, and restful web services and mobile apps to meet customer requirements and goals.
- Must be familiar with Agile methodology. Excellent written and oral communications skills are essential for this role.
- Native OS (iOS/Android) and hybrid mobile application development experience.
- Solid understanding of iOS or Android system/application architecture to include mobile applications, backend services, communications protocols, MDM frameworks, etc.
- Strong Java and object oriented programming experience to include backend web-services
- Experience working in an Agile team environment.
- Experience writing unit tests for development code.
- Ability to work with external teams to resolve testing issues and bug fixes.
- Business Tier services development using Java, JEE/EJB, JAX-RS , JPA, JPQL, and SQL (Oracle)
- Use and management of Git source code repository
- Development of automated unit and integration test scripts
- Creation of builds using Jenkins
- Provide O&M Support for deployed functionality
- Experience building REST and SOAP web services.
- Ability to write SQL and familiarity with Object Relational Mapping tools (ORM).
- Knowledge of designing accessibility / section 508 compliant web sites.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 10 years of related experience or equivalent
- US Citizen
- CBP-BI Clearance or ability to obtain one
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Falls Church, VA
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.