Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Business Analyst to join our team in Washington, DC, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will serve as the lead on the contractor side. Work on areas that are new to the organization or require substantial changes in established business processes. Define and documents customer business functions and processes. Consult with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access. Act as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other governmental organizations in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems to ensure optimal operational performance. Analyze the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users. Track and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed universally understood procedures for permanent records and for use in training. Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system driver changes; assists in the preparation of proposals to develop new systems and/or operational changes. Read and interpret case management systems and functional technical literature and translates in terms understandable to the end-users. Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews of court-wide significant or specific to a court division. (Examples are projects requiring strategic analysis of an entire process or operating area where specific issues or items to be corrected, examined or recommended have not been identified. Recommended solutions should be developed in consultation with impacted internal and external stakeholders, but should remain objective and independent of the specific stakeholders.)
Actively participates in engagements that result in profitable revenue growth. Identifies opportunities for follow-on business that brings additional value to the client. Follow-on engagement opportunities include additional services engagements, increasing Unisys chargeable hours, creating change orders when additional work required is outside the original contracted scope of the project and/or services proposal activity in Unisys portfolio areas.
Has responsibility and accountability for the correctness, viability, and estimates for the infrastructure implementation related services and components within their engagement.
Is recognized within Unisys and/or external organizations as an expert in one or more of the specific infrastructure disciplines and sufficiently knowledgeable in the others to make implementation decisions
Specific Infrastructure disciplines include:
- Platform and Storage infrastructure and operating environments
- Database Infrastructure
- Network Infrastructure
- Security Infrastructure and operating environment / application security
- Application Infrastructure including Integration Services
- Common Services Infrastructure including File, Print, Messaging, and Collaboration Services
- IT Operations Infrastructure
- IT Processes
- IT Governance, Measurement, and Controls
- Provides thought leadership on implementation and integration of COTS components and third party infrastructure products and tools.
Leverages current industry, technical knowledge and/or entire enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge to perform consulting engagements and participate in pre-sales activities.
Demonstrates specialist knowledge in one or more infrastructure disciplines (see above) including trends, current industry standards, new products and the circumstance under which they are appropriate, and uses this knowledge to support their assigned project or client support and to generate profitable revenue growth for Unisys.
- Demonstrates proficiency in infrastructure or application configuration, installation, construction, test, deployment, performance tuning, and/or operations and applies this proficiency in the delivery of services for clients.
- Is responsible and accountable for the successful delivery of infrastructure deliverables within their assigned project. Ensures that all implementation artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards.
- Takes responsibility for the complete integrity of a portion or the entire small or major infrastructure solution area as designated in the project plan.
- Configures, installs, implements and supports complex technology infrastructure solutions for a client unit or organization.
- Applies industry or domain knowledge to develop custom solution recommendations that conform to project requirements and constraints utilizing industry standards, best practices and internal and/or third party products.
- Integrates solutions from one or more areas of specialization into existing client environments.
- Freely shares expertise and knowledge with peers throughout Unisys.
- Provides leadership and is able to communicate with management (Unisys and client) in areas related to infrastructure.
- Provides technical presentations to internal and external clients.
May assign and review tasks, provide appropriate mentoring, manage performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
- Serves as a technology mentor for junior practitioners across the company.
- May monitor the performance of internal and external service providers and/or sub-contractors in order to ensure the awareness or requirements, adherence to project quality, timely implementation of deliverables and resultant client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 8 years implementation and planning experience in two or more areas of technology or application specialization or equivalent certifications and/or experience. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Prior work experience should include:
- proposing opportunities for follow-on business that resulted in new business.
- sufficient exposure to clients across a variety of industries and domains
- configuring and installing a wide-range of technology and COTS solutions and tools for clients
- experience in two or more project related roles such as implementer, integrator, test analyst, system administrator, tool specialist, support engineer, or architect.
- Knowledge and proficiency in infrastructure architecture, design, development and/or implementation techniques.
- completion of the appropriate technologist learning discipline course sequence.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.