Test Engineer - Military Veterans
Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Test Engineer to join our team in Reston, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will provide system and software application testing expertise for the support of complex software development and systems integration effort on the TSA STIP (Security Transportation Integration Program) DOMAIN program.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- At least 2 years of direct IT systems development, maintenance or networked systems, experience testing nationwide networks
- Direct and participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design, and test tools selection
- Applies advanced test quality methods, theories, and research techniques
- Responsible for testing and maintaining web-based custom applications
- Provides application software testing services
- Develops test plans and documents results
- Tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications
- Analyzes requirements and maintains, tests and integrates application components
- Ensures test strategy is successfully implemented
- Works independently within an established framework
- Knowledge of 508 compliance testing
- Testing experience using Selenium, Junit, Beaker, Agile Testing methodologies
- U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
- Experience testing software applications and integrating systems in a Federal government contracting environment
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Science degree and two (2) years of system or software testing, software development, IT operations, application development or systems integration.
- Preferred: At least two years of experience supporting TSA/DHS or similar security or law enforcement agency
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Solving Complex Client Challenges with Reliable IT Solutions
We’re a worldwide technology services and solutions company dedicated to providing clients with reliable, secure IT solutions to cut costs and optimize performance. We apply Unisys expertise in consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, infrastructure, and server technology to help our clients achieve their business goals. We give our clients the visibility to see their business more clearly—ahead of decision points, investments, and risks.
An Innovative Company with a Global Reach
And we’re not just in one or two countries—we're global, operating in over 100 countries and in both hemispheres. So no matter where you are in the world—we’re there too.